Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Teaser Tuesday #300, January 10th

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's teaser comes from Fury on Fire by Sophie Jordan, page 69.

"He still felt her eyes on him. He knew she was watching him."

If you didn't know this was a romance book (and if you didn't, you know now) this would sound pretty creepy! But it is, so it's more that there's a lot of tension! What about you guys? Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes... you're right - it doesn't sound remotely romantic - but that's okay:) I hope you're enjoying it. My TT this week is Japanese epic fantasy featuring dragons - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/teaser-tuesday-10th-january-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I enjoyed it :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I would have took this out of context. YOu've got me curious now.

    My TT from Carpe Bead'em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good, because curiosity means you're more likely to read it when it comes out :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, such a bit creepy! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Yip, that does sound a tad creepy but I like it!! Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to pop over and check out my Teaser

    Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's less creepy seeing as it's a lady looking at a guy vs the other way around! Still creepy, but if it was for nefarious reasons, he's more able to defend himself :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. I enjoy reading romance, and this sounds like a good one. I'm wondering if she's admiring his physique or if she's stalkerish.
    My Tuesday post features MOONRISE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's great :) And I think it's a mix of admiring his physique and noting his actions seeing as they're next door neighbours with a bit of a rocky relationship! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Sounds interesting. Here's my link for this week's intro/teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1rl

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!