Saturday, January 14, 2017

Week 2 Review: No Easy Target

From Goodreads:
When an enemy from her past threatens to return, Margaret Douglas must go on the run. But danger is in hot pursuit, and Margaret finds herself matching wits with a man who refuses to be stopped. Turning from the hunted to the hunter, Margaret must use everything she has to not only survive, but defeat evil and prove she's No Easy Target in this high-octane thriller.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! Margaret has been a fantastic character since she was introduced in Taking Eve. So now that she's gotten her own story, well, yeah, it was great to get to know her and watch her go on this journey!

We finally find out why she was on the island and working with the dogs. And how she'd gotten there. Both her earlier life, and the events of 3 years ago. I mean, we knew some details about her dad, but now we got the whole story. And the 3 years ago thing...not cool!

There were bits and pieces of romance in this book. It's not a focus, that's more on the action, but it is there. And there was a good balance of all these elements in this book! And we were introduced to Lassiter, who's another interesting character to add to the Eve Duncan world!

I'm conflicted on whether I want this to be a series or not. Because her and Lassiter, they have something of a relationship. And she's going to be, and probably him as well, in future books. And I don't want them to face any more conflict, but I want them to get together unless she's going to get a love triangle like Jane and have another option! So I'm totally conflicted!

Loved this book, it was so awesome, and I can't wait for more Iris Johansen books!

Author: Iris Johansen
Read: January 13th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this character! And it's a SAC 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Expected Publication: April 25th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!