Saturday, January 7, 2017

Week 1 Review: Silence Fallen

From Goodreads:
Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes--only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe... 

Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...

My Review:
This book was absolutely fantastic! I was desperately wanting to read this book, and so I read it the day that I was approved. So glad that I did, because it was so epic and awesome! And a bit not glad, because now I have to wait for the next book, and that wait is going to be pure evil!

This is the second book in the Mercy Thompson series where it doesn't take place primarily in or around Tri-Cities. It is the first book to take place outside of the US (Underhill is a whole 'nother situation entirely) so yeah, while also getting to explore some new places and supernaturals, we also had a limited number of the usual cast, and a bunch of new members! Which also helped us learn more about these characters, like some of Zach's story!

This book had layers upon layers of plans and plots and twists! Like the safe harbor that Mercy found. Or when Mercy was kidnapped in the first place. Mostly, I think, because of the ages of these characters, but also just who they were! And yeah, there were some amazing twists and clever thoughts and plans!

I loved the way that this book was told-narrated by Mercy and Adam, who were separated, and then the timelines of their stories didn't sync up, but there were notes from Mercy to help understand what had gone on somewhere compared to what was happening at the same time in a different place but we were just learning about it now. Yeah, that was pretty awesome!

This book was so awesome and wonderful, and I can't wait for the next Mercy book, and the next Alpha and Omega book!

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #10
Read: January 6th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book
Publisher: Ace Books
Expected Publication: March 1st 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!