Saturday, October 29, 2016

Week 44 Review: Curse on the Land

From Goodreads:
Set in the same world as Faith Hunter's New York Times bestselling Jane Yellowrock novels, the second Soulwood novel tells the story of a woman whose power comes from deep within the earth...

Before Nell Ingram met skinwalker Jane Yellowrock, she had no one to rely on, finding strength only in in her arcane connection to the dark woods around her. But now she has friends in the newly-formed PsyLED team to keep her grounded—even if being part of the agency responsible for policing paranormals presents dangers of its own...

After training at the PsyLED academy, Nell returns home to her woods to find the land feeling sick and restless. And that sickness is spreading. With the help of her team, under the leadership of agent Rick LaFleur, Nell tries to determine the cause. But nothing can prepare them for the evil that awaits: an entity that feeds on death itself. And it wants more...

My Review:
I just loved reading this book! I've really loved Faith Hunter's books, and yeah, this was no exception! Loved spending more time with Nell, though I'm really itching to get back to Jane, because of the European Vampires visit!

This book deals with a number of things. The consequences of feeding Brother Ephraim to Soulwood, and that he's still there. Then there were the roots from when she was dying. The complicated relationship between Rick and Paka. And the investigation into the highly magical event that is connected to a sleeping monster who feeds on death. Yeah.

There were a lot of acronyms used in this book, the law enforcment ones, and the various governmental groups! Made things a bit confusing, if I didn't remember what the group stood for, but usually I remembered in what context, so I could kind guess what was going on!

This book did have some hard times going! Nell's magic does have some funky things to fight. And the Rick and Paka thing became a very big, very bad thing. I really enjoyed how things worked out, even if they were hard, because it was just so freaking fantastic to read!

Absolutely loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read the next book in this series, and Cold Reign!

Author: Faith Hunter
Series: Soulwood #2
Read: October 27th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and the Jane Yellowrock series and this spin off series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and WoW Book!
Publisher: Roc
Expected Publication: November 1st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!