Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 32 Review: Switched

From Goodreads:
When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She's not the person she's always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.

Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she'd ever admit. But it isn't long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he's come to take her home.

Now Wendy's about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that's both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she's meant to become…

My Review:
So I'm glad that I discovered this series when I did-because this book was awesome, and with more eyes looking over it, and that it was updated with each book having a short story with them, well, yeah, I think I have pretty great timing!

So there aren't many, if any, books about trolls, which is what makes this book so great! I mean, the whole thing with the changeling's, that's usually fairies that do that in the tales. So on top of the uniqueness of trolls, it has that difference, too! So awesome!

But those differences from the myths about them is why they go by Trylle, so yeah, that's just wicked awesome! It just added so much world building, and I just utterly loved that so much! So much more depth, learning about this as Wendy does, and going on Wendy's adventures, was just so great!

Then there was the relationship that was developing between Wendy and Finn, and how it's the forbidden kind, and he's resisting it, well, yeah, I hope it works out OK in the end! Because man, all of these characters were really awesome to read about!

Such a great book to kick off this series, and I can't wait to read the sequels!

Author: Amanda Hocking
Series: Trylle Trilogy #1
Read: August 9th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like an excellent book, and it's a DAC book and a LLFL Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: January 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!