Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #181, September 30th

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from Outlander by Diana Gaboldon, page 530.

"I was so upset at that, I straightened up and whirled round and yelled at him, 'Weel, why did ye no say so in the first place, ye auld fool! OUCH!!'"

Well, this is hilarious! Love it! What about you guys? Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. Hah, it's been a long time since I read Outlander, but I always enjoyed the accents from the characters. Great pick!
    Here's My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty great! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I totally read that with a southern accent too! It is quite funny :)

    Son of No One | Sherrilyn Kenyon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be pretty great :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love Outlander! It's been a long time since I read it though. I'm so glad Starz has made it into a TV series! Every week I can't wait to get my Outlander fix! Great teaser! Here's mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is my first read, though I've seen most of the show, well, at the time this posted, though I finished the show after I finished the book :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I loved the first 4 books, but I'm one of those who lost patience as Gabaldon started including too much of her research for my taste. I'm probably the last person to read this but I'm finally reading The Help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad, I've only read this one, and the others look good! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. I've heard so much about this series but haven't read it. Love the dialect in your Teaser.
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: SUMMERTIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, read it when you have time, it's entertaining, though some parts are hard to read, and yeah, great mysteries and romance, it was such a great book! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Wow, it's been ages since I read this book! I need to watch the series too. :)

    Here's my teaser:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/09/30/tuesday-teaser-havoc/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty great show! And seeing as it's a different medium then a book, the changes made make is just as good, and entertaining! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!