Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 37 Review: Passion

From Goodreads:
Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn't need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.


My first review of Passion
My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! The way I see it, is the first one is the mystery, the second is finding out that there's more to know, while learning a little bit, this one is most of the learning, and the last, is dealing with the consequences of the learning, and the final learning!

Bill/Satan/Lucifer, the whole thing where she asks if he was one of The Scale, and he just winks, but doesn't actually confirm it with words, that was really tricky! And his words? A few of them are favourite lines, because them, themselves, are funny, though the intent behind them is so very different!

I really enjoyed visiting all of Luce's past lives, even the ones that we hardly got to see, like the Nepal one, which she was alive for about 3 minutes, and then Daniel did his suicide attempt off the cliff. All their different lives, names, and situations, I wonder at how many times it's happened!

I know the big reveal of Rapture, and yeah, there were hints in it, that were disguised as other things, like that the starbursts only kill "immortals" according to Bill, but we know he lies. Or her insistence that she'd seen Daniel has his true self before, but she couldn't quite remember it!

Favourite lines: "he's so by the book, it's a snooze," Yeah, you'd say that, Bill! "I'm certainly no angel." Uh, yeah. Not any more! "There will be no great sign reading IF YOU VEER RIGHT, YOU SHALL BE A PRINCESS, VERSUS IF YOU VEER LEFT, YOU'LL REMAIN A SCULLERY MAID FOREVER." Though if such a sign existed, I think most would pick princess!"I've missed you, too, these past...three hours." Ah, the passions of the young! "Actually, your'e standing in walnut shells." That is so being literal, not emotional!

I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to finish off the series again! Though I wish there hadn't been such a gap between Torment and Passion, in me reading them!

Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen #3
First Read: November 22nd, 2011
Read: September 12th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Read: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Published: June 14th 2011
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!