Saturday, March 19, 2016

Week 12 Review: Warrior Witch

From Goodreads:
The thrilling conclusion to the breakout Malediction Trilogy by Goodreads Choice finalist Danielle L. Jensen. 

Cécile and Tristan have accomplished the impossible, but their greatest challenge remains: defeating the evil they have unleashed upon the world.

As they scramble for a way to protect the people of the Isle and liberate the trolls from their tyrant king, Cécile and Tristan must battle those who'd see them dead. To win, they will risk everything. And everyone.

But it might not be enough. Both Cécile and Tristan have debts, and they will be forced to pay them at a cost far greater than they had ever imagined.

My Review:
Yes! I was so lucky to get this book! I know that, and I'm so thankful that I did get this book! I've loved this series since I first read Stolen Songbird, and now, I'll love it till the day I die. It's just that spectacular! No words can really describe how I feel about it!

Oh, the debts! Even if Cécile decided to do what she did, that didn't cancel out her debt. And the one was dealt with fairly easy, I was surprised by how easy it actually was! It wasn't easy per say, but it was easier then I thought!

And oh, what we learned! The story behind Thibault, why he is like he is. It's not a happy ending tale, of course! And we learned about Roland, and how while he's a monster, he does care about his family. Which just make what he's forced to do in this book so hard!

Loss. That's something that's dealt with in this book, because oh, man, there was a lot of loss! It hurt so much, and still they had to keep going, because there was the war and all. And the hits just kept on coming! I couldn't tear myself from reading this book!

Absolutely loved how things worked out! It's hard to talk about this book without spoiling it, but without giving details, I loved how things world out! It wasn't easy, it wasn't perfect, but all in all, it was a better solution then what I'd thought of, I couldn't have imagined what things turned out to be.

That ending was hard. I knew it was coming (I couldn't help myself, I had to read the ending before I was even halfway done the book!) but still, it was hard when it was happening! But it made for a real story, life doesn't have perfect endings, no matter how much we want them!

It's hard to imagine, but this series takes place over the course of less than a year. It starts with Cécile's 17th birthday, and the epilogue mentions her 18th. So much happened in that year! And it's part of why I love these characters so much-they grew, changed and learned so much over this pretty short time period!

My only question now, is, what happened to the books? I really, really hope that they didn't leave them there! That would be such a waste, and as a book lover, a unforgivable waste, and I don't want to think badly of these characters that I love!

Gah, this book was so fantastic, and I can't wait to read what Danielle L. Jensen writes next!

Author: Danielle L. Jensen
Series: The Malediction Trilogy #3
Read: March 15th, 2016
Source: Publisher for Review
Reason Why: I absolutely love this series! And it's a End of Series 2016 Book, Historical Fiction 2016 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book, and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Angry Robots
Expected Publication: May 3rd 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!