Saturday, March 12, 2016

Week 11 Review: Bright Blaze of Magic

From Goodreads:
Bad Things Always Come In Threes…

As a thief, I'm good at three things: hiding in the shadows, getting in and out unseen, and uncovering secrets. I put these skills to work for the Sinclair Family, one of the magical mobs that run the tourist town of Cloudburst Falls. 

Everyone knows Victor Draconi wants to take over all the other Families--and kill every last Sinclair. What they don't know is that I'm on to him, and no way will I let the man who murdered my mom get away with hurting all the other people I care about. Especially when I've got places to break into, stuff to steal, and Devon Sinclair fighting right by my side… 

My Review:
This book! Oh, wow! It was so great to have this book, but it was sad to say goodbye to the characters. There was the mentions of her other series which was a lot of fun-especially when Lila and Deah were wearing the Pork Pit Barbecue tourist shirts!

After everything that was learned in the last book, Lila and her friends have been busy collecting the magic-filled black blades. Of course there were some more complicated plans because these characters were so awesome!

We learned more about the monsters in this book. Like what the lockness does with the coins. It made what Victor did all the more horrendous, because they are living and feeling creatures! He didn't have the right to do what he did-no one does-and yet he did it anyway, which is an aspect of his evil showing.

Lila learns more about her magic, and fights for her life multiple times. She's also her sneaky self, avoiding the bad guys when needed, and beating them as required. So that ending was just perfect, and just so darned enjoyable!

I loved this book-and this series-so much, it's been so fantastic, and I can't wait to read more Jennifer Estep books!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Black Blade #3
Read: March 10th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a End of Series 2016 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Kensington
Expected Publication: April 26th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!