Saturday, March 26, 2016

Week 13 Review: With Malice

From Goodreads:
For fans of We Were Liars and The Girl on the Train comes a chilling, addictive, compulsive read about a teenage girl who wakes up in a hospital bed and cannot remember the last six weeks of her life, including the accident that killed her best friend--only what if the accident wasn't an accident?

Eighteen-year-old Jill Charron wakes up in a hospital room, leg in a cast, stitches in her face and a big blank canvas where the last 6 weeks should be. She comes to discover she was involved in a fatal accident while on a school trip in Italy three days previous but was jetted home by her affluent father in order to receive quality care. Care that includes a lawyer. And a press team. Because maybe the accident...wasn't an accident. Wondering not just what happened but what she did, Jill tries to piece together the events of the past six weeks before she loses her thin hold on her once-perfect life.

My Review:
This book was absolutely amazing! It's been up on Edelweiss since November of last year, at least, that was when my request for it went through! So I've been waiting to read it, and now it's only 3 months till it's to be published, so yeah, I just have to dive into this book!

I was really excited to read this book! I've loved the other books that I'd read by Eileen Cook, and this one sounded so great! And the cover was just so pretty to look at! And then I was reading it, and the pages were just flying! I loved the interviews, blog posts and comments, of what the outside world, and the police, were talking about and learning about the case!

The media and the internet were a part of this book. How they speculate, how they take every little piece of you that you've put out, and then see it from the current lens that they have on. How anonymity lets loose a pretty vicious side of humanity. Yeah.

There was the question, of hey, what actually happened in the events leading up to Simone dead and Jill with a head injury and a broken leg. The possibility that it wasn't an accident, that Jill had murdered Simone, that was a chilling thought! Really enjoyed how it was all resolved!

I do wish that we'd had more moments of Jill in Italy from her perspective. We got flashes, and pictures, but nothing that really made sense until that last one. We saw what others think happened, but that wasn't Jill or Simone.

Loved this book so much, it was just so enjoyable! Loved how things worked out!

Author: Eileen Cook
Read: March 19th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, I enjoy her books so much, and it's a SAC 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: June 6th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!