Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 51 Review: Lifeblood

From Goodreads:
My Firstlife is over, but my Everlife is only now beginning.

With her last living breath, Tenley "Ten" Lockwood made her choice and picked her realm in the Everlife. Now, as the war between Troika and Myriad rages, she must face the consequences.

Because Ten possesses a rare supernatural ability to absorb and share light, the Powers That Be have the highest expectations for her future-and the enemy wants her neutralized. Fighting to save her Secondlife, she must learn about her realm from the ground up while launching her first mission: convincing a select group of humans to join her side before they die. No pressure, right?

But Ten's competition is Killian, the boy she can't forget-the one who gave up everything for her happiness. He has only one shot at redemption: beating Ten at a game she's never even played. As their throw-downs heat up, so do their undeniable feelings, and soon, Ten will have to make another choice. Love or victory. 

My Review:
I was so excited to read this book! I literally squeed when I saw it up on Edelweiss-and I could just download it! Gena Showalter is one of my first favourite authors, and one of the only ones I hadn't gotten an ARC of yet. And now I have, so yeah, I was really excited!

This book was so awesome! We got to see what the realms looked life from the eyes of someone in the Secondlife. And yeah, that was pretty incredible! Plus, Ten was learning the ropes of being a part of Troika, and that was so awesome!

Of course, there were so many ups and downs! Because she loved Killian and he was on the opposing side. And all the other things that happened on the day that she died, that carried on in her Secondlife. Yes, she faced challenges! But she was up for the task! At least, the ones that finished, because there's still a 3rd book and Ten is an incredible person!

The ending, oh! It was just as evil as the ending of Firstlife, but different. Because Firstlife, it ended after Ten made her choice. But here, she was just told that she had this huge, major, life-altering choice and then it ended! Just evil!

I loved reading this book so much, it was just so freaking great, and I can't wait for Everlife!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Everlife #2
Read: December 13th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her books and this series so much! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: February 28th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!