Saturday, December 31, 2016

Week 53 Review: Shadows Strike

From Goodreads:
The Immortal Guardians protect the innocent in secret. Sometimes the secret gets out...

U.S. law enforcement agent Heather Lane can read minds. But not the future. The dream of battle and blood that recurs every night must be a fluke, some obscure terror from her own mind. What its significance might be, she can't guess: an attack from seven psychotic vampires at once, only separated from nightmare by an eighth very different immortal. A handsome, brave man fighting at her side, a man she misses when she wakes.

Then the dream comes true. Heather is flung into a war between predators and protectors of humanity, the man from her dreams beside her again. Except now that she's awake, she isn't sure she can trust Ethan, or the shadow organization he represents. The U.S. military doesn't trust either of them. But against an onslaught of evil like the one that's coming, it will take everything they have just to survive...

My Review:
I'm so glad that I read this series so close together. I do kinda wish that it was longer, but we're hopefully getting the 7th book in the coming summer, so there's that! This series has just kept getting better and better, and the bad guys worse and worse and harder to take down!

There was a lot going on in this book! Like, why Heather was having dreams of the future when her talent was reading minds. And who did that to her. And there's the hunt for the Other who wants to jump start the apocalypse!

Now, I really want the proof/evidence that convinced the Others that interference with the world will bring about its and their downfall. What with the whole, they have to chose a side, like now, between Seth and the Immortal Guardians, trying to save everybody, or the bad guys who want destruction. Yeah. I think that evidence might be something we should know!

I really enjoyed Heather and Ethan together, he's one of the youngest Immortal Guardians, and I think he was the youngest in the series that wasn't changed into one in the series. They made an awesome couple, and I loved reading about them!

This series is so fantastic and I can't wait for Summer 2017 and Aidan's book!

Author: Dianne Duvall
Series: Immortal Guardians #6
Read: December 24th, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Zebra
Published: August 25th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!