Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 51 Review: Things I Should Have Known

From Goodreads:
From the author of Epic Fail comes the story of Chloe Mitchell, a Los Angeles girl on a quest to find love for her autistic sister, Ivy. Ethan, from Ivy's class, seems like the perfect match. It's unfortunate that his older brother, David, is one of Chloe's least favorite people, but Chloe can deal, especially when she realizes that David is just as devoted to Ethan as she is to Ivy. 

Uncommonly honest and refreshingly funny, this is a story about sisterhood, autism, and first love. Chloe, Ivy, David, and Ethan, who form a quirky and lovable circle, will steal readers' hearts and remind us all that it's okay to be a different kind of normal.  

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this book! Claire LaZebnik's books have been really fantastic, and so was this one! Reading it was an absolute pleasure, and it was something of a learning experience, because it was a great look at autism.

Both Chloe and David were mad at how people reacted when they noticed Ivy or Ethan. And I can understand that, people are awful! But from my side, I would be scared-of upsetting or hurting Ivy or Ethan. I don't do the best socially because of my issues, and I would be afraid for them. Which is my explanation, but it still sucks all around!

Chloe wanted what was best for her sister, setting her up with a support network so that in the future, she could be self-dependent, or at least, more so than she is right now. Of course, she did misread things, and this resulted in something of a catastrophe, but she meant well!

I loved how Ethan and Ivy went on dates, and they had to have their siblings with them! Well, more Ivy than Ethan, especially as time went on, but yeah, it allowed the four of them to start bonding, and that was really great! It was really heart-warming!

This book was an absolute pleasure to read and I loved it!

Author: Claire LaZebnik
Read: December 14th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great and I love her books! And it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher:  HMH Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: March 28th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!