Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 28 Review: Before I Wake

From Goodreads:
I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school...  Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life...

My Review:
Wow, this was just such a great book! I love this series, and since I know this is the second last book in the series, well, I'm cherishing every moment spend with it! It's just such a great freaking series! And such great characters!

I loved that they have to deal with the consequences of the ending if If I Die, a good deal of that centred around the fact that Kaylee was killed. So while that wasn't good, well, there's always being a reaper, so that was really good!

After Never to Sleep, I was really hoping that Sophie would be a bit nicer to Kaylee, since she now knows what's going on. And I think Sophie did a fair job of that, they'll never be best buddies, but I think they'll become closer then they have!

And oh, what an ending of this book! Some of those things hurt, and everything that was going on, and some of the costs, but man, it was just such a great book! And I really can't wait for With All My Soul now, it's going to be so fantastic!

Loved this book so much, and I just want the last book so badly!

Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers #6
Read: July 7th, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love Rachel Vincent's writing, and must read all of this series! And it's a WoW book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: June 26th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!