Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week 22 Review: Princess in the Spotlight

From Goodreads:
No one ever said being a princess was easy.

Just when Mia thought she had the whole princess thing under control, things get out of hand, fast. First there's an unexpected announcement from her mother. Then Grandmère arranges a national primetime interview for the brand-new crown princess of Genovia. On top of that, intriguing, exasperating letters from a secret admirer begin to arrive.

Before she even has the chance to wonder who those letters are from, Mia is swept up in a whirlwind of royal intrigue the likes of which hasn't been seen since volume I of The Princess Diaries.

My Review:
Oh, this book! It's only the 2nd book, but things were just going in it! From her secret admirer, to the interview Grandmere wants her to give, there's just a lot going on in Mia's life, and then putting out fires seems to be half the book!

I'd forgotten that it was Kenny sending the roses, I mean, I know that she was with him briefly, but I'd forgotten that it'd started out as him being her admirer, and giving her roses! Which is sweet, but they aren't the best couple!

The interview that was pretty much a disaster! Mia revealing stuff that she didn't want to talk about, and things that other people, namely her parents, didn't want her to talk about. It was just kinda hilarious, and then having to deal with the after effects!

Lilly and Boris! Tina! And their friends! Mia's group of friends that are going to be with her for the ups and downs for the next 8 books, or sometimes, not, and just how they are now, and reading them grow up, is just great!

I just really enjoyed this book a ton, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: The Princess Diaries #2
Read: May 27th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: July 3rd 2000
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!