Saturday, June 8, 2013

Week 23 Review: The Rising

From Goodreads:
Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it's not like they can just go to the authorities for help.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they're so valuable, and why their supernatural powers are getting more and more out of control.

But Maya is unprepared for the truths that await her. And now, like it or not, she'll have to face down some demons from her past if she ever hopes to move on with her life. Because Maya can't keep running forever.

Old secrets are revealed and unexpected characters make a surprising return in this stunning conclusion to Kelley Armstrong's New York Times bestselling Darkness Rising trilogy.

My Review:
Yes. This book was just a really perfect end to the trilogy, and the perfect way to have the characters of the 2 YA series to meet, and combine! It was just so freaking good, I enjoyed it so much, and now I'm sad to say goodbye to Maya, Daniel, Rafe, and this new gang!

So yeah, I loved meeting Ash, Maya's twin brother. Who hasn't started shifting, but does know about it, because their mom kept him, but later abandoned him. So yeah, he's a pretty prickly person. But I enjoyed meeting him, he was somebody that I wanted to know!

And then we got to have Maya's group meet up with Chloe's group, which added some fuss, because of the people after all of them. Which leads to the brilliant, and no, I'm not being sarcastic, idea that they left the Nasts-through Sean-train them until they're adults, for them to hopefully join the Nasts, but they don't have to. It's just really encouraged.

Yeah, this was a really fantastic end to this series, I wasn't really expecting her to end up with Daniel, but yeah, they were like, a perfect couple, and apparently have been inching around the idea for a while! So that was really great!

I just loved this book so much! Can't wait to read more Kelley Armstrong books!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkness Rising #3
Read: June 2nd, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a WoW Book, End of Series 2013 Book, and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: April 2nd 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!