Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week 26 Review: Stolen

From Goodreads:
On a mission for her own elite pack, she is lured into the net of ruthless Internet billionaire Tyrone Winsloe, who has funded a bogus scientific investigation of the "other races" and their supernatural powers. Kidnapped and studied in his underground lab deep in the Maine woods, these paranormals - witches, vampires, shamans, werewolves - are then released and hunted to the death in a real-world video game. But when Winsloe captures Elena, he finally meets his match.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! I'm really glad that I'm rereading this series, though this book was hard for me to read, for reasons that I'll explain later. Loved spending more time with Elena, and having the world developing, and everything!

The reason why it was hard for me to read this book, and why there was a 5 week gap between me reading Bitten and reading this, is because I have a hard time with imprisonment stories. And apparently it's worse for when I know a) when it's happening, and b) how long it lasts, because I just want to get to where they are free! I don't know why I have this thing, my only personal imprisonment is home, because I can't go anywhere, seeing as we're 10 minutes by car into town. And I can't drive. But that's not the same as these stories. So I don't know why it's like this.

So having the witches, well, yeah, the world's already expanding. And I just wanted to read more! And yeah, we get to met Savannah for the very first time, so that was really great! But then there was Leah, who wasn't so great!

And yeah, finding out that it's more support and help and knowledge that gets a werewolf through the first few changes, and that potentially, there could female werewolves, well, yeah, that's something that could be important, but yeah, I don't think it becomes a thing in the series.

This was such a fantastic book, loved it so much, I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Women of the Otherworld #2
Read: June 28th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Because of my reread time! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Plume
Published: December 24th 2002
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!