Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week 25 Reviews: Seize the Night, Sins of the Night, Unleash the Night




From Goodreads:
Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter ― he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian ― Val's mortal enemy.)

What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires ― and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons ― one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them.


To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

From Goodreads:
In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow:

Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love. 

But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.

Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die.


Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?

From Goodreads: 
It's a predator-eat-predator world for the Were-Hunters. Danger haunts any given day. There is no one to trust. No one to love. Not if they want to live...

An orphan with no clan that will claim him, Wren Tigarian grew to adulthood under the close scrutiny and mistrust of those around him. A forbidden blend of two animals - snow leopard and white tiger - Wren has never listened to anyone when there was something he wanted. Now he wants Marguerite.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau is the daughter of a prominent U.S. senator who hates the socialite life she's forced to live. Like her mother before her, she has strong Cajun roots that her father doesn't understand. Still, she has no choice but to try and conform to a world where she feels like an outsider. But the world of rich and powerful humans is never to meet the world of the Were-Hunters who exist side by side with them, unseen, unknown, undetected. To break this law is to call down a wrath of the highest order.

In order to have Marguerite, Wren must fight not just the humans who will never accept his animal nature, but the Were-Hunters who want him dead for endangering their world. It's a race against time and magic without boundary that could cost Marguerite and Wren not just their lives, but their very souls...

My Review:
So I wasn't really planning on reading these 3 books. I was planning one. But after Seize the Night, I just had to keep going, because I was freaking hooked by this series! I just had to read it, and keep reading, and I finally pulled away to try and get back to my schedule!

I just loved reading Tabithia and Val's story, they were really awesome people, and yeah, it was just so great to read about them! Plus their book has some pretty pivotal moments in the series, like all those deaths, including Tabithia and Amanda's sister, and Nick's mom, and Ash uses his powers accidentally on Nick, Nick chooses to be a Dark Hunter, and yeah, the attempted kidnapping of Marrissa that almost worked. So I had to read more!

Then there's Dangereuse and Alexion's book, which reveals some of the mystery that is Ash, though since Acheron is the first book of the series that I'd read, well, yeah, it was nice to see it unfolding! And I'd forgotten that Alexion had pretty much all of Ash's powers when he was doing this, which was cool! I had forgotten the ending, the specifies, but reading brought it out, and that was a pretty weird, but good, ending!

And then Marguerite and Wren's story, I think is one of my favourites, I could really connect to the both of them! And for some reason, I though he and his dad lived in Russia, but nope, New York! And I just loved when her dad confronted them, and she lists all those places that she could live that they own! So cute!

I just absolutely loved reading these books, they were just so addicting, and I just wanted more! And I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Dark-Hunter #7, 8, 9, Were-Hunter #3
Read: June 16th, 16th, 16th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereads and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Books!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: December 8th 2004, June 28th 2005, December 27th 2005

Seize the Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Sins of the Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Unleash the Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!