Saturday, November 7, 2015

Week 45 Review: Born of Betrayal

From Goodreads:
Years ago, family loyalty caused Fain Hauk to give up everything he loved: His military career. His planet. His fiancée. Even his name.

Now decades later, everything has changed. He's built a new life out of the ashes of his old, and he's vowed to never let anything threaten his loved ones again.

But when old enemies align themselves with new ones, he's caught in the middle of a brutal war. And when fate throws his former fiancée back into his world and she has her own agenda that includes taking his head for what he did to her years ago, more than just his life is at stake. The fate of the Ichidian universe and that of his brothers-in-arms hangs in the balance. Winner take all.

It's killed or be killed, and never has the battle been more fierce…

Or more fun. 

My Review:
Yeah, I loved reading this book! It was supposed to come before Born of Defiance, but I'm glad that things worked out the way that they did, because Talyn and Felicity finally got to have their happy ending! Yeah!

I really enjoyed Fain and Galene's book! They were just characters that I wanted to read about. Fain's been in previous instalments, but Galene's really only been in the series since Defiance, so we didn't get to know her too well. Not that we really know Fain all that well before this!

This is the book where we get to have a bit of the war. Only a bit, because it was only declared two chronological books ago since Defiance mostly happens before Born of Night. But things are gearing up, and why Fain and Galene were thrown together again! Just so awesome!

OK, mind blown! Sherrilyn Kenyon has pulled another Styxx, and made a guy that we thought was totally unredeemable, well, redeemed! And if you've read this book, then you know who I'm talking about! I can't wait to see their story in the next book! Note to self, whenever a so called bad guy survives the book, there's a chance that they could have this happen! Not all the time, but a chance, because oh, boy!

Loved this book so much, and I'm so excited, because we're going to get his book, the guy that I'm talking about, and I'm just so darned excited for that!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: The League: Nemesis Rising #10
Read: November 3rd, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and her writing! And it's a 2015 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: November 3rd 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!