Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week 46 Review: Shifting Shadows

From Goodreads:
Mercy Thompson's world just got a whole lot bigger…

A collection of all-new and previously published short stories featuring Mercy Thompson, "one of the best heroines in the urban fantasy genre today" (Fiction Vixen Book Reviews), and the characters she calls friends…

Includes the new stories…
"Silver"
"Roses in Winter"
"Redemption"
"Hollow"

…and reader favorites
"Fairy Gifts"
"Gray"
"Alpha and Omega"
"Seeing Eye"
"The Star of David"
"In Red, with Pearls"

My Review:
Yeah, it was really fantastic to read these stories of the Mercy Thompson world! I did read them where they fit in the series as much as I could, the ones before Seeing Eye I just read at the end, while the ones after I read in chronological order. So the series was just really full and great and awesome to read!

These were characters that have been in the series, from the beginning, or introducing them, and that was really fantastic, it gave us a whole variety of looks into this series from other perspectives, and giving the series room to grow!

Some of these books were back story, like Silver, which has Samuel and Bram and their early days when they became werewolves, and some of them where random, like Fairy Gifts, but introduced characters who were, or are going to be, in the series! I can't wait!

These were moments in the series that I loved to read, some where just for fun, but others have pretty important pivotal moments, with the werewolves coming out and all. So that was utterly excellent to read, another aspect that had variety!

Just loved reading this collection of stories, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson World Complete #0.1, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 3.5, 6.5, 7.5, 10.5, 12.5
Silver Read: November 11th, 2015
Gray Read: November 11th, 2015
Fairy Gifts Read: November 11th, 2015
Seeing Eye Read: November 8th, 2015
Star of David Read: November 9th, 2015
Roses in Winter Read: November 10th, 2015
In Red with Pearls Read: November 11th, 2015
Redemption Read: November, 11th, 2015
Hollow Read: November 11th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: I'm really enjoying this series, and I'm reading it in order! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: September 2nd 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!