Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week 46 Reviews: Moon Crossed, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed, Silver Borne, River Marked






From Goodreads:
Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water...

From Goodreads:
Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him. 

From Goodreads:
I could smell her fear, and it satisfied something deep inside me that had been writhing under her cool, superior gaze. I curled my upper lip so she could get a good look at my sharp teeth. I might only weigh thirty or so pounds in my coyote shape, but I was a predator...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson can shift her shape - but not her loyalty. When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to Mercy to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not.


Mercy's loyalty is under pressure from other directions, too. Werewolves are not known for their patience, and if Mercy can't decide between the two she cares for, Sam and Adam may make the choice for her... 

From Goodreads:
New in the #1 New York Times bestselling urban fantasy series. In a world where witches, vampires, werewolves, and shape-shifters live beside ordinary people (Booklist), it takes a very unusual woman to call it home. By day, Mercy Thompson is a car mechanic in Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shape-shifter with some unusual talents, Mercys found herself maintaining a tenuous harmony between the human and the not-so- human on more than one occasion. This time she may get more than she bargained for.

From Goodreads:
Being a mechanic is hard work. Mercy Thompson, for instance, just spent the last couple of months trying to evade the murderous queen of the local vampire seethe. And now the leader of the werewolf pack, who's maybe-more-than-just-a-friend, has asked for her help. A book of fae secrets has come to light and they're all about to find out how implacable - and dangerous - the fae can be.


OK, so maybe her troubles have nothing to do with the job. But she sure could use a holiday... 

From Goodreads: 
Being a different breed of shapeshifter-a walker-Mercy Thompson can see ghosts, but the spirit of her long-gone father has never visited her. Until now, on her honeymoon with the Alpha werewolf Adam. An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-and innocent people are dying. As other walkers make their presence known to Mercy, she must reconnect with her heritage to exorcise the world of the legend known as the river devil...

My Review:
Yeah, I kinda read a lot of this series pretty quickly. And I enjoyed reading them so much! They were just so great, and I loved the world and the characters, and I just had to keep reading them! So totally my style and just loved them so much!

I loved reading about Mercy, Adam, Samuel and the others! These characters developed and changed over the course of the series by the events that were happening, and that growth was amazing, even if they went through hard times!

After reading Iron Kissed, I felt like I had cried. I hadn't, but my eyes were all dried up and hurting, and it was because of how Iron Kissed impacted me, that was how powerful it was! Such a horrible situation, and yet Mercy still got out of it!

Loved all the elements of the world building, and how each book kinda focused on something, werewolves, vampires, fae, and onward, we got specifics of each race, and the world grew. So yeah, that was really awesome!

Just a really fantastic series, so glad that I read them, and now I just want to read more!

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Read: November 8th, 9th, 10th, 10th, 11th, 11th,
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded really fantastic, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Books!
Publisher: Ace, Ace Books
Published: January 31st 2006, January 30th 2007, June 2nd 2008, February 2nd 2009, March 30th 2010, March 1st 2011

Moon Crossed:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Blood Bound:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Iron Kissed:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Bone Crossed:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Silver Borne:

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









River Marked:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!