Saturday, January 7, 2023

Week 1 Review: Lovely Bad Things

From Goodreads:
He's the devil. And she's his wicked game.

Halen:
They say eyes are the windows to the soul—but when he looks at me through hues of slate-green and flaring blue embers, I'm terrified of what's watching me from behind his clashing gaze, something primal and feverish that threatens to melt me like fire in ice.

I fear falling into Kallum Locke's pitch-black soul.

But after I'm called to a crime scene to investigate the most gruesome act of violence to descend on the legendary town of Hollow's Row, I have no choice but to turn to Kallum, to the man I had locked away in an asylum for the criminally insane.

He's the leading expert on all things Nietzsche and occult. And now, to get answers, I'm forced to make a deal with the devil himself.

Kallum:
Really, eyes are the windows to the soul? Then I wonder what little Halen St. James thinks of all the cryptic eyes watching her in the killing fields… I wonder if the hairs on her delicate nape lifted away, if a thrilling shiver raced over her soft skin. She's desperate for the answer, and she'll do anything to uncover it—even make a deal with me, dangling freedom like bait on a hook.

But she's far more tempting to sink my teeth into than any lure.

And the pain will taste twice as sweet. 

My Review:
This book was wild. I mean, I was expecting it, because it is a romance, and he's a killer, and she works with law enforcement to take down killers. But oh, it was wild, dark and crazy, and I had such a great time reading it!

I will say, that one negative for me was how dramatic things were, that where your milage might vary, but for me, was over-dramatic. Some, I get, it's the whole situation. But it was a bit overdone for my tastes. I still enjoyed it!

It is strange for me, reading this book, because I have read from Trisha Wolfe before, years ago, when I first started blogging, so I don't remember much of it. But it was YA, and so wildly different from this book. Which again, strange, but equally enjoyable! 

There was a lot going on, between the current case with the eyes,and the people who disappeared 5 years ago, as well as the charged dynamics between Halen and Kallum. She doesn't trust him, but she is drawn to him, and he's obsessed with her, and has pretty graphic thoughts. It all came together really well! 

I had a really great time reading this book, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Author: Trisha Wolfe
Series: Hollow's Row #1
Read: January 6th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: Lock Key Press
Published: May 31st 2022
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!