Saturday, January 14, 2023

Week 2 Reviews: Electric Idol, Turkey Day


He was the most beautiful man alive.
And if I wasn't careful, he was going to be my death.

*A scorchingly hot modern retelling of Psyche and Eros that's as sinful as it is sweet.*

In the ultra-modern city of Olympus, there's always a price to pay. Psyche knew she'd have to face Aphrodite's ire eventually, but she never expected her literal heart to be at stake...or for Aphrodite's gorgeous son to be the one ordered to strike the killing blow.

Eros has no problem shedding blood. But when it comes time to take out his latest target, he can't do it. Confused by his reaction to Psyche, he does the only thing he can think of to keep her safe: he marries her. Psyche vows to make Eros's life a living hell until they find a way out of this mess. But as lines blur and loyalties shift, she realizes he might take her heart after all...and she's not sure she can survive the loss.

November Patreon short story, free to Katee Robert newsletter subscribers as well. Dark Olympus short celebrating the holiday, told from Eros's POV. 

My first review of Electric Idol
My Review:
I loved reading these stories. Psyche and Eros are a particular favourite couple of mine, and now I've read their main story all 3 ways it could be read, audio, ebook and physical! It's just such a compelling story and I love the two of them and their romance!

In the long run, these two don't have a lot of their own power, neither is a member of the Thirteen, and from the couples of the future books, that might only happen two or three times in the whole series of full length books, out of 10. So it's the minority. But that might be part of the reason I love it so much. 

Facing an adversary like Aphrodite is tough. She is one of the Thirteen, has a lot of power, but she doesn't seem to have a lot of common sense. Psyche came up with some pretty good arguments as to why not to kill her, and Eros knew that Aphrodite wouldn't care. It's hard to fight that. But they managed, and it was so great to read!

Turkey Day was such a cute story. Apparently it takes place late in the series and a lot has happened, but it was great that Eros was allowed in the kitchen. And that ending? That was so sweet and cute and I loved it! I loved getting a peak at their holiday! Even Zeus was there! 

Absolutely loved reading these stories and I can't wait to read more of this series and of Katee Robert's books!

Author: Katee Robert
Series: Dark Olympus #2, 2.5
First Read: January 16th, 2022
Second Read: January 18th, 2022
Read: January 8th, 8th, 2023
Source: Bought, Free
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books and Electric Idol is a 2023 Retelling Reading Challenge Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca, Katee Robert
Published: January 18th 2022, November 1st 2022

Electric Idol:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Turkey Day:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!