Saturday, January 21, 2023

Week 3 Review: Masques

From Goodreads:
After an upbringing of proper behavior and oppressive expectations, Aralorn fled her noble birthright for a life of adventure as a mercenary spy. Her latest mission involves spying on the increasingly powerful sorcerer Geoffrey ae'Magi. But in a war against an enemy armed with the powers of illusion, how do you know who the true enemy is-or where he will strike next?

My Review:
Oh I loved reading this book! The fact that it's Patricia Brigg's first published novel (though I read the revamped version) is kinda crazy, because it was a freaking amazing book! I loved this world, and I loved these characters, and I just needed more! 

This world with human mages and those with green magic, it was so interesting to read. There's a history that's mentioned, the Wizard Wars, that changed a thriving, green land into a desert of glass. And there's the ae'Magi, that's supposed to prevent that from happening again. But what happens when that guy is evil? That's this story! 

I loved Aralorn, she's a teller of tales, she's smart, and she's capable. That this story starts off with her rescuing a wolf, and then continues on to pretend to be a slave to check that someone is prepared for an assassination attempt-yeah, she was so fantastic!

The threat that they're facing is daunting. Good thing that they have Wolf on their side. Oh, but things were complicated, and this world is pretty harsh, a child gets eaten by a monster, and that was hard to read. But the stakes were high. Loved how everything worked out! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue the series! I'm so excited to see what happens next! 

Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Aralorn #1, Sianim #1
Read: January 15th 2023
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Ace Books
Published: December 1st 1993
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!