Saturday, January 14, 2023

Week 2 Review: Horrorstör

From Goodreads:
Something strange is happening at the Orsk furniture superstore in Cleveland, Ohio. Every morning, employees arrive to find broken Kjerring bookshelves, shattered Glans water goblets, and smashed Liripip wardrobes. Sales are down, security cameras reveal nothing, and store managers are panicking.

To unravel the mystery, three employees volunteer to work a nine-hour dusk-till-dawn shift. In the dead of the night, they'll patrol the empty showroom floor, investigate strange sights and sounds, and encounter horrors that defy the imagination.

A traditional haunted house story in a thoroughly contemporary setting, Horrorstör is designed to retain its luster and natural appearance for a lifetime of use. Pleasingly proportioned with generous French flaps and a softcover binding, Horrorstör delivers the psychological terror you need in the elegant package you deserve.

Designed by Andie Reid, cover photography by Christine Ferrara.

My Review:
This was such a great read! It's my 3rd Grady Hendrix read, and it was another creepy, amazing book! I'm really going to have to check out the rest of his books because I just flew through this book! And let me say, I'm glad that I read this physically because it had the illustrations of the various pieces of furniture!

Amy is basically the person we all fear of being. She's in retail hell, with little opportunity to advance. Were you kinda feel like a failure, like you haven't lived up to your potential. Which is not a great feeling!

And oh man, the seance scene? Yeah, that one part actually made me a little nauseous, because it was so graphic and so gross! And from then onward did the creepiness increase tenfold! But that was the scene that was the turning point in the book. Urgh! 

The whole thing that was going on, was so sad and so frustrating. Like we got some of the guy's notes, and a pattern that emerged was that the "treatment" was causing more problems. Which was just awful. But it was great to watch them fight against him!

This was such a great read, and I need to read the rest of Grady Hendrix's books!

Author: Grady Hendrix
Read: January 9th, 2023
Source: Library 
Reason Why: Love his writing and it looked really great, and it's a SAC 2023 Book!
Publisher: Quirk Books
Published: September 23rd 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!