Monday, January 9, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #605, January 9th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #604
Teaser Tuesday #612
WWW Wednesday #612
WOW #608
Will the Time Come #605
Third Sentence Thursday #595
Random Reads #581
First Lines Friday #608
Book Blogger Hop #274
21 Books to Read in 2021 Update 31
22 Books to Read in 2022 Update 10
The Reward Challenge Update #590
Wheel of TBR #137
How Well I Stuck to It #442
Wrote that Review Update #439

Bout of Books: 

Magical Readathon: Orilium: 

OK, so I got 47 posts in 7 days, and it was a pretty great week, I read a good amount of really great books, and I can't wait for this coming week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Hell Bent!

Wealth. Power. Murder. Magic. Alex Stern is back and the Ivy League is going straight to hell.

Find a gateway to the underworld. Steal a soul out of hell. A simple plan, except people who make this particular journey rarely come back. But Galaxy “Alex” Stern is determined to break Darlington out of purgatory—even if it costs her a future at Lethe and at Yale.

Forbidden from attempting a rescue, Alex and Dawes can’t call on the Ninth House for help, so they assemble a team of dubious allies to save the gentleman of Lethe. Together, they will have to navigate a maze of arcane texts and bizarre artifacts to uncover the societies’ most closely guarded secrets, and break every rule doing it. But when faculty members begin to die off, Alex knows these aren’t just accidents. Something deadly is at work in New Haven, and if she is going to survive, she’ll have to reckon with the monsters of her past and a darkness built into the university’s very walls.

Thick with history and packed with Bardugo’s signature twists, Hell Bent brings to life an intricate world full of magic, magic, violence, and all too real monsters.

6 comments:

  1. I started Ninth House and set it aside. My mood wasn't right, I guess. I'll have to try it again since I have both the Kindle and the audiobook. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it took me a second try to get into Ninth House, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Hell Bent sounds interesting. I'm usually quite fond of Bardugo's writing. I hope you enjoy it!

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a really great sequel, and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard of Bardugo. My first review is up - also from a writer I was not familiar with. Happy reading. http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2023/01/first-review-of-year-mystery.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved Leigh Bardugo's books since her first, Shadow and Bone, which is getting a second season on Netflix this year! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!