Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #65, July 3rd

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison, page 12.

"But then, later in the week, I'd see her sobbing over Sesame Street and realize it was not about me. Though I did wonder why on earth she was alone in the living room watching Sesame Street."

Well, that's an interesting 2 lines! I know what's going on, but what are the guesses? What about you guys? Happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. You're right -- that is an interesting two lines! I'm curious as to why anyone would cry over Sesame Street.
    My Teaser is from London Broil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I was never a Sesame Street fan but I love Spongebob!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, and I don't think she's crying over Sesame Street as it's being on while she's crying :)

    Yeah, I've never seen it, because I have no clue :) But if Elmo's a character, then I know why I wouldn't like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm this one is so unexpected...
    I'll have to check it out :)

    Here is mine:
    http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/07/02/teaser-tuesday-a-demon-made-me-do-it-by-penelope-king/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, and sad that she's crying alone because of the absence of the one who's working too much. Yeah, because it's a great book, and a quick one at just over 200 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems very strange :) Sesame Street never had that effect on me.

    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps she is nostalgic about her childhood (but then maybe I'm only assuming she's an adult!).

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crying over Sesame Street?
    Sounds interesting...


    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing... is Sesame Street making her cry or is she just crying while it's on? Sometimes watching too much SS make me want to scream, but not cry :)

    If you like, you can stop by and read my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a couple interesting lines! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An intriguing teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good teaser, loving how Sesame Street is mentioned in a book. Have a great week.

    My Teaser Tues. and Sexy Snippet are from the same book, just different teasers.
    My Sexy Snippet
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm perplexed. I have no idea why she would be crying, but I'm sure it's not because of Sesame Street. lol Thanks for the laugh!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!