Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 31 Review: The Best Girl

From Goodreads:
All Jane has to do over winter break is be the best man at her brothers wedding, but its not that simple. The bride is a famous heiress, the wedding is to take place at a posh ski resort, and the bellhop is the guy Jane has been crushing on all semester.

My Review:
This was a funny, spectacular book! I love Emma Harrison's books, they're excellent mostly YA contemporary books, and they're just so great! Like the problems the characters get into-telling her crush that she's a nanny instead of the sister of the twins, and how all the lies kinda snowballed, it was just really fun to read!

The characters were real, and they had their problems, and they were definitely relatable, and I almost wish I could inhabit their lives, because the problems they get into, they are a bit easier then some others, and they seem like pretty good lives, from the outside looking in, and from Jane's perspective!

One thing that I really loved about this book, is that no matter how much things seemed wrong, like when he finds out her full name/that she was lying, that she still keeps going, and that he realizes that it wasn't that too big of a lie, and balanced with what he was saying against the wedding where she the Best Girl, yeah, that was very sweet!

The Best Girl was just a really good book to read, funny, light, and just nice to read! Hope you guys check it out!

Author: Emma Harrison
Read: July 28th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: November 27th 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!