Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 31 Review: Midsummer's Knight

From Goodreads:
Dear Avon Books,

Where are my heroes? Whenever I'm reading a book by one of my favorite authors I find I'm falling for the wrong guy -- not the hero, but the other man -- and what I really want is for him to have his own story.

Like Jake Linley, from Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas… that doctor could sit by my bedside if I ever got sick. And Ned Blydon in Splendid by Julia Quinn...he makes me want to learn to waltz! I never thought living in a drafty castle would be much fun until Simon of Ravenswood in Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor came along.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that these are my men -- when do they get their stories?

Sincerely,
A Romance Fan

My Review:
Well, I only read the Kinley MacGregor story, Midsummer's Knight, but since it doesn't have it's own separate cover or description or book link, I'll just say that. And what a great story! Simon was a great character, wanting to help people, always in the shadows, pretty much the runner up with his friends, because they're all like him, and he's fallen in love with a girl who thinks he's his friend. Which really sucks for all 3 parties involved, him, her, and his friend, because he doesn't want to get married. And yeah there's the whole "her cousin is King of Scotland or something, and there's to be a tournament for her hand and all." Yeah. Lots of fun!

I loved these characters, they weren't ones that we got to see most of the time, they were kinda background characters, and letting them have a good novella of a story, that was just perfect for them,  a story that just lets us into the world a lot more, and is just great to read!

And the romance! It was so totally sweet, and heart-warming, that people could overcome their problems and be able to be together, that people were kind, and helped them overcome the obstacles, because if they hadn't had some help this story could've ended quite differently, and not so good! Loved it!

All in all, this was an excellent novella, and just really good!

Author: Kinley MacGregor (AKA Sherrilyn Kenyon)
Series: MacAllister/Brotherhood of the Sword #5
Read: July 28th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Must read all Sherrilyn Kenyon books!
Publisher: Avon
Published: October 13th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!