Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 31 Review: Cloaked

From Goodreads:
I'm not your average hero. I actually wasn't your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.

It all started with the curse. And the frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.

There wasn't a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I’ve ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Everglades. 

Don't believe me? I didn't believe it either. But you'll see. Because I knew it all was true, the second I got CLOAKED.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was a lot of fun, with these characters who were just so great-and a romance that wasn't the expected one-and the fairy tales that aren't the most common of them, with such great writing made this book fantastic!

So the cloak, and the powers it has, and the adventures that this mission cause him, were just hilarious to read! There were some really great times (and a few hard times, too) in this book, but the personal touch of how his dad is connected to it all was really fantastic!

I don't remember most of these fairy tales. They aren't the most known, which makes them some of the most perfect to be retold. I know there were changes, because they are set in the now, and they were all combined, but those changes just made things better!

Loved these characters, Johnny, Meg, and Todd, they were awesome, and just so much fun to read! And the relationship between Johnny and Meg, and how it developed, was just fantastic to read about! And it lead to the ending so well!

This was a really great, fun book! I loved it a ton!

Author: Alex Flinn
Read: August 2nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved Beastly and Bewitching, so I though this would be a great book, too!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: February 1st, 2011
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!