Saturday, June 6, 2015

Week 23 Review: Powerless

From Goodreads:
Kenna is tired of being "normal". The only thing special about her is that she isn't special at all. Which is frustrating in a world of absolutes. Villains, like the one who killed her father, are bad. Heroes, like her mother and best friend, are good. And Kenna, unlike everyone else around her, is completely ordinary— which she hates.

She's secretly working on an experiment that will land her a place among the Heroes, but when a Villain saves her life during a break-in at her lab, Kenna discovers there's a whole lot of gray area when it comes to good and evil and who she can trust.. After all…not all strength comes from superpowers.


My Review:
This book was so great and awesome to read! So entertaining and funny, and action packed, and so awesome to read! What I think of it, is that it's the Medusa Girls series, combined with Doomed, the tone and the writing! So great!

One book that I can really compare this one to, is V is for Villain. How the Heroes maybe just might not be the good guys, and the Villains just might not be the bad guys. And while there were similarities, I really enjoyed reading the differences, because that's what makes every book great!

After that ending, well, I'm really glad that it's a series! If it wasn't, well, that ending would be pure evil, what with where Draven and Rebel are, their current circumstances! And all the things that were left unexplained.

Like, we know one thing that's hopefully going to be in the next book! Her mom, and Dr. Harwood, and the weird phrase that was floating around. I don't know exactly where it's going, but I have a guess. Can't wait to see if I'm right or wrong! Another thing is that she got a villain mark!

Favourite lines: "'Wow. Set a few things on fire and everyone's a critic.' 'Me. You set me on fire.'" Yeah, that's something to be a critic over! "'Do you have a death wish? When he wakes up, he's not going to be in control.' 'Like he was before?' 'She's got you there.'" Yeah, seeing as he got sprayed by a fire extinguisher, well, that would put a person's aim off, but he was a bit out of it! "You put Nitro out with a fire extinguisher? I wish I could have seen that!" Yeah, it was pretty funny, as an isolated event in the whole thing! "Mom and Mr. Malone making out next to a grizzly bear in her office. I'm pretty sure that last one's going to require future therapy." Yeah, that's a pretty messed up dream! "I wish I'd believed him twelve months ago, but since this theory was sandwiched between one about seeds with a latent gene that would trigger the zombie apocalypse and another that suggests Pop-Tars are actually the government's vehicle for mind-controlling teenagers, it was hard to take him seriously." Especially since the one that turned out to be right, 12 months ago, sounded just as unbelievable! "Holding my hand behind my back, I form my fingers into the Vulcan salute. I'd like to see Jeremy miss that signal." Yeah, I think that'd be hard to miss! "To say you could have heard a pin drop in the van would be an understatement. Riley Malone, son and egotistical heir of the Malone family. The guy who takes the job of being a superhero way too literally. The guy who wears a freaking cape to the office. Oh yeah, we should totally stay with him." Well, Rebel is right, it'd be totally unexpected! "Seriously. Seriously. Riley's wearing Superman pajamas. Honest-to-goodness Superman pajamas, including a blue shirt with a red S in the middle of his chest." Oh, boy, I think that's taking it a bit far, seeing as he's an adult living on his own! "For a second, nobody moves. Then all hell breaks loose. Draven dives for me. Dante dives for Rebel. Nitro-God bless him-runs into the bedroom after Riley. And Jeremy...well, Jeremy dives on top of his electronics. No surprise there." Nope! And even though this is the reaction to being shot at, well, it's both cute, and hilarious! "S**t. Who ever heard of villains with a hero complex?" Well, you guys, now! "As part of my training, every few minutes I focus on the car's satellite radio and change it to a country station. The funny part is, Nitro has no clue that it's me." Of course not, you just discovered your power! "He looks like a prized pig, trussed up for dinner...in Superman pajamas." Oh, didn't have time to change? Hilarious!

Such a great, fantastic, and awesome book! I just loved Kenna's voice, and I can't wait to read more of it!

Authors: Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs
Series: The Hero Agenda #1
Read: June 3rd, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love all the books by both of them, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: June 2nd 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!