Saturday, June 27, 2015

Week 26 Review: Alive

From Goodreads:
Stella Cross's heart is poisoned.

After years on the transplant waiting list, she's running out of hope that she'll ever see her eighteenth birthday. Then, miraculously, Stella receives the transplant she needs to survive.

Determined to embrace everything she came so close to losing, Stella throws herself into her new life. But her recovery is marred by strange side effects: Nightmares. Hallucinations. A recurring pain that flares every day at the exact same moment. Then Stella meets Levi Zin, the new boy on everyone's radar at her Seattle prep school. Stella has never felt more drawn to anyone in her life, and soon she and Levi are inseparable. 

Stella is convinced that Levi is her soul mate. Why else would she literally ache for him when they are apart?

After all, the heart never lies...does it? 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book! I really enjoyed how we readers know that there was something off about Levi, but then finding out what exactly was going on? That was really unique, and I hadn't heard of that, but so great to read about!

So this is the second book in recent memory dealing with a heart transplant, but this time, from the perspective of the person who received the heart. So it's not something that's all that common in YA, so I'm glad for the uniqueness there!

I did find the romance a bit over the top. What with what was going on, the "literal ache" in her heart, and the reason for that, yeah, made things feel a bit strange. Plus, the whole "boy best friend is in love with her" thing, and the relationship there, a bit cliché, but I liked how it worked out!

The way that everything came together, and how they dealt with Levi, that was really fantastic! Very great to read, so fast-paced, the connections being made, making sense, that was just really great to read about!

Really great book, and I enjoyed it a lot, and a really great début book!

Author: Chandler Baker
Read: June 25th, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book, SAC 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Published: June 9th 2015
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!