Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week 25 Review: The Young World

From Goodreads:
Welcome to New York, a city ruled by teens.

After a mysterious Sickness wipes out the rest of the population, the young survivors assemble into tightly run tribes. Jefferson, the reluctant leader of the Washington Square tribe, and Donna, the girl he's secretly in love with, have carved out a precarious existence among the chaos. 

But when a fellow tribe member discovers a clue that may hold the cure for the Sickness, five teens set out on a life-altering road trip, exchanging gunfire with enemy gangs, escaping cults and militias, braving the wilds of the subway - all in order to save humankind.

My Review:
I am so glad that I read this book! It looked really great, and I knew I wanted to read it, but I'm really glad my brother brother bought it, so I could buy it off of him, and so I could be reading my own copy, yeah! I love doing that!

I really enjoyed the voices of Jeff, and Donna. They were distinct, and you could tell who was talking, though the different fonts and styles did help there, too! It just really helped to have a full view of the world!

Speaking of, this world, I just loved the detail! Like, how would money work, or not work, and the two different systems that we saw. That was really awesome, though it would not be fun to live with! But then there was the ending, and the twist! Yeah.

What I really enjoyed, besides them running into from one disaster to another, was how the little things came together. And how their journey progressed! Like, all the Lego bits being bought, and then finding out the reason why, well, makes me want that next book now, which I'm lucky, because it's coming out real soon so I hardly have a wait for it!

This book was fantastic, and yeah, I can't wait to read more!

Author: Chris Weitz
Series: The Young World Trilogy #1
Read: June 17th, 2015
Source: Bought
Reason Why: It sounded really great, and it's a 2015 Dystopia Book, DAC Book, LLFL Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: July 29th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!