Saturday, June 6, 2015

Week 23 Review: Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

From Goodreads:
Gone Girl meets 13 Reasons Why in this stylish, sexy, and atmospheric story about friendship packed with twists and turns that will leave you breathless.

They say Delia burned herself to death in her stepfather's shed. They say it was suicide.

But June doesn't believe it.

June and Delia used to be closer than anything. Best friends in that way that comes before everyone else-before guys, before family. It was like being in love, but more. They had a billion secrets, tying them together like thin silk cords.

But one night a year ago, everything changed. June, Delia, and June's boyfriend Ryan were just having a little fun. Their good time got out of hand. And in the cold blue light of morning, June knew only this-things would never be the same again.

And now, a year later, Delia is dead. June is certain she was murdered. And she owes it to her to find out the truth...which is far more complicated than she ever could have imagined. 

Sexy, dark, and atmospheric, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls will keep you guessing until the very last page. 

My Review:
This was a very strange book to read. There was the mystery of Delia, and her death, and the investigation that June conducts. The way it was narrated, with some of the past, of their relationship from before that one night about a year ago. It was just really strange!

I really enjoyed the Delia's POV's, because they showed who she was a bit better then how June saw her. Plus, there was the inner fire that she had, and I wanted to know more about it, but then it ended without being explored!

You have to feel a bit bad for June. Her friend dies, who she hasn't seen in a while, and then her investigation reveals some unpleasant things in her life that shakes it up. But that leads to a bigger shake up in the end!

I really loved the twist in this book, it was really interesting! And that combined with that ending, it gives a sense that you know what happened, but I can't be too sure, because I lost the detail of what wasn't returned to Tig. But I have a pretty good idea. And that absolute ending? Yeah.

This book, it was different, and dark, and I was really glad that I got a chance to read it!

Author: Lynn Weingarten
Read: May 31st, 2015
Source: Publisher for Review
Reason Why: Sounded really great! And it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Expected Publication: July 7th 2015
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!