Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week 25 Review: Kiss of Broken Glass

From Goodreads:
After she's caught in the school bathroom cutting herself with the blade from a pencil sharpener, fifteen-year-old Kenna is put under mandatory psychiatric watch. She has seventy-two hours to face her addiction, deal with rejection, and find a shred of hope.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't what I expected, but it told a story that was really fascinating to read. About Kenna, and the others that were held there for their 72 hours, and all the issues that came into play in the short amount of time that this book occupied!

So when I started reading this book, there were a few things that caught me off guard. Like the fact that it was only 150 pages on my Nook. That it was a series of poems, basically, pretty much one a page.

Then there was the Baker's Act. I wasn't sure if it was a real thing or not, or maybe a dystopian thing, so I looked it up, turns out, that it's been around for a long while. And that made it feel more real, you know? Seeing with my mental heath issues!

Like it says in the book, it doesn't end all picture perfect like it does in books. Instead, it ends with things working towards a better something, though there are still going to be some problems along the way, it's something that needs work and attention to get better!

I enjoyed this book, though I'm not sure I would've read it if I knew that it was what it was! But it was pretty great to read!

Author: Madeleine Kuderick
Read: June 13th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Another great book! And it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: September 9th 2014
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!