Saturday, June 27, 2015

Week 26 Reviews: Trouble From the Start, The Boyfriend Project


From Goodreads:
One of two companion novels from beach-read favorite Rachel Hawthorne, this cute, romantic paperback original is about a good girl who falls for a bad guy.

Avery knows better than to fall for Fletcher, the local bad boy who can't seem to outrun his reputation. Fletcher knows he shouldn't bother with college-bound, daughter-of-a-cop Avery. But when their paths cross, neither can deny the spark. Are they willing to go against everything and let their hearts lead the way? Or are they just flirting with disaster? 

Trouble from the Start releases simultaneously with companion novel The Boyfriend Project. These heartwarming paperback originals are the perfect summer reads, great for fans of Jennifer Echols, Lauren Barnholdt, and Susane Colasanti.

From Goodreads:
Perfect for fans of Stephanie Perkins, Lauren Barnholdt, and Susane Colasanti, The Boyfriend Project is a romantic read about a girl who wishes her sweet boyfriend had a little more edge.

Kendall and her boyfriend, Jeremy, have been together forever, and Kendall is starting to wonder if Jeremy is a little boring. . . . So she embarks on a boyfriend makeover. But as Jeremy learns to strut his stuff, other girls start to notice him and, what's worse, he's noticing them back. Then Jeremy breaks up with Kendall and she realizes her makeover project was the ultimate disaster. Is the sweet boyfriend she loved gone forever?

A companion novel to Rachel Hawthorne's paperback original Trouble from the Start, this title is perfect for fans of summer beach reads and sweet treats.

My Review:
I am really glad that I read these books, and in the order that I did, seeing as Trouble From the Start is the beginning of summer, and The Boyfriend Project takes place later in the summer, after Trouble From the Start ended!

I did enjoy reading about Avery and Fletcher more then Kendall and Jeremy, but it wasn't about the characters themselves, it was more about what they were going through, which yeah, is affected by who they are, but that's just the way my head works!

I did have a bit of a harder time reading The Boyfriend Project, because it took longer then less then a day, it felt a bit slower, and it was just a tiny bit harder to get into. Which is why it took me a bit longer to get around reviewing them both!

I just loved the summer feel, seeing as it's summer in the books, and it's summer right now, here. Though I would wish for cooler temperatures in real life, it's nice to enjoy summer through a book, these were pretty perfect beach reads!

Favourite lines from Trouble from the Start: "Taking advantage of me would be stupid. My dad's a cop. He carried a gun." I love how she says that! "Hot guy giving me ride. Catch U l8r. 'That's not what I wanted to say. And you're so not hot.' 'It's eighty degrees out. Course I'm hot.'" Uh, yeah, that's the kind of hot the recipients of the text are going to think of!

Yeah, it was really great to read these books, they were just so great!

Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Read: June 21st, 21st, 2015
Source: Edelweiss, Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded really fantastic, and they're SAC 2015 Books, but companions, and Trouble from the Start is a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 28th 2015, April 28th 2015

Trouble from the Start:
4.5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Boyfriend Project
4.5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!