Thursday, March 3, 2016

Eerie: Tour Review

From Goodreads:
Hailey's dreams have always been, well...vivid. As in monsters from her nightmares follow her into her waking life vivid.

When her big sister goes missing, eighteen-year-old Hailey finds the only thing keeping her safe from a murderous 3,000-year-old beast is an equally terrifying creature who has fallen "madly" in love with her. Competing to win her affection, the Dream Creature, Asher, lures her to the one place that offers safety—a ParaScience university in Alaska he calls home. There, she studies the science of the supernatural and must learn to live with a roommate from Hell, survive her ParaScience classes, and hope the only creature who can save her from an evil immortal doesn't decide to kill her himself.


My Review:
It was really great to read this book! Hailey brought this book to life, with her narration, and with who she was, and it was just a lot of fun to read this book, though there were hard parts to read! Her life was just really interesting!

Asher was pretty funny, and exasperating at times, because he isn't human, and he's only just really starting to feel emotions. Which makes him want to lock her up, causes him to make threats against those who would hurt her...yeah. He didn't know how to deal with his emotions properly, and it was fun to watch their interactions!

On the other hand, some of those interactions weren't funny. And if Asher had been human, and still acting like that, well, I'm pretty sure that their relationship would be defined as "abusive" and people shouldn't let others treat them like that. It was hard to read those parts.

Then there was Fin, who was a womanizer, but also in love with Hailey, which complicates things, because apparently she's his true mate, but then there's Asher, and there's Fin's story, and all sorts of complicated stuff!

This world was really interesting to be in! The Envoys, the 3 worlds, life energy, the various creatures, the in-betweens, the mythology, it was just really fascinating and interesting to read, just lots of fun!

That ending! Oh, wow, that was action packed, and so evil, because everything is happening, and then there was that reveal at the end that I kinda hoped for some version of, and then it was over! I can't wait for book 2!

Yeah, I enjoyed this book so much, it was so great!

Author: C.M. McCoy
Series: Untitled #1
Read: March 2nd, 2016
Source: YA Bound Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded really good and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Published: December 15th 2015
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars
Bio:
I'm an Irish dancer and former military officer living in the Great White North. Though B.S.'d in chemical engineering and German, I'm far happier writing stories involving Alaska and a body bag (with an awkward kiss in the mix.) While working 911 dispatch for Alaska State Troopers, I learned to speak in 10-codes, which I still do...but only to annoy my family. In the writerly world, I'm the PR Manager at Inklings Literary Agency. My debut novel, EERIE, is fantasy adventure with romance and released 15 Dec 2015 through Omnific Publishing/Simon and Schuster. My memoir is out on sub through Martin Literary Agency, and my fiction is represented by Michelle Johnson.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this great review Louisa! So glad you enjoyed Eerie <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!