Saturday, July 2, 2016

Week 27 Review: Seriously Wicked

From Goodreads:
The only thing worse than being a witch is living with one.

Camellia's adopted mother wants Cam to grow up to be just like her. Problem is, Mom's a seriously wicked witch.

Cam's used to stopping the witch's crazy schemes for world domination. But when the witch summons a demon, he gets loose—and into Devon, the cute new boy at school.

Now Cam's suddenly got bigger problems than passing Algebra. Her friends are getting zombiefied. Their dragon is tired of hiding in the RV garage. For being a shy boy-band boy, Devon is sure kissing a bunch of girls. And a phoenix hidden in the school is going to explode on the night of the Halloween Dance.

To stop the demon before he destroys Devon's soul, Cam might have to try a spell of her own. But if she's willing to work spells like the witch...will that mean she's wicked too? 

My Review:
This book was utterly hilarious! Beginning to end, front cover, to the synopsis on the back, this book was hilarious! That was why I was interested in reading it, and I'm so glad that I did! This book was just pure awesomesauce!

I loved the tone of voice that was used in this book! It was light and fun, and while there were some not so great things-like some of the ingredients needed in the spells, they were dealt with in a good manner-Cam being jolted into realizing how morally questionable they were.

I really enjoyed this world! Of the three elementals, demons, dragons and phoenixes, the only ones who are magic instead of just use it. Of witches, who look the age they feel, are paranoid and write spells in recipes with word games...yeah, I would really love a sequel to this book!

The antics in this book, from a flaming feather in a pocket, to just so much more, was just great to read! Combined with the clues into the Witch's past, which turned out to be Cam's past as well, and the romance? Yeah, there was a lot packed in these pages, and I loved reading every one of them!

This book was just fantastic and enjoyable, and I would really love to have a series or a companion book-there's so much that could be explored!

Author: Tina Connolly
Read: July 1st, 2016
Source: Bought/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great when I read the teaser! And it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: May 5th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!