Saturday, January 6, 2018

Week 1 Review: Heart on Fire

From Goodreads:
Who is Catalia Fisa?
With the help of pivotal figures from her past, Cat begins to understand the root of her exceptional magic, her fated union with Griffin Sinta, and Griffin's role in shaping her destiny.

Only Cat holds the key to unlocking her own power, and that means finally accepting herself, her past, and her future in order to protect her loved ones, confront her murderous mother, and taking a final, terrifying step--reuniting all three realms and taking her place as the Queen of Thalyria.

What doesn't kill her will only make her stronger...we hope.

My Review:
This book was just freaking amazing! Though for me, it wasn't as good as the first two books, it was still such a fantastic read! A lot happened, like some pretty big discoveries of how the Gods have been in her life, and that was just so great to read!

The main thing about this book, is that she knows she's pregnant, and so Cat is much more careful than she was in the previous books. Sure, there's still some pretty life-threatening events, but she doesn't through herself in as she did previously!

So the one brother that didn't like Cat, well, that came to a head, and that was a very emotional scene! Like, when it's too late, he finds out about the pregnancy. Though he still shouldn't have done what he did even without that, because that was just horrible!

The ending was a bit shorter, and I do wish that it was longer! With that whole, her being Hope, yeah, that was a pretty big deal, but that ending with her mom, that showdown was short, and then the ending was short. I just wanted more! I wanted to see more of their happy ending!

There apparently will be spin off books, for characters that will get happy endings, which I'm really excited for, there's a few of them, that I want them to be happy! So excited for more books by Amanda Bouchet!

Author: Amanda Bouchet
Series: Kingmakers Chronicles #3
Read: January 2nd, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her series and her writing, and it's a End of Series 2018 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: January 2nd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!