Monday, January 1, 2018

Best Books Read in 2017

I actually read less books this year even though I had more time. I still had a lot of fantastic books, but not as much overall then last year, I think. Again, there were a few new authors and series that I found and devoured which are going to be on this list, as some old favorites, and new books from some really wonderful authors! 

I read books from January to December, and of those, were the ones that I absolutely loved, be it writing, thinking about it after, or the emotions it evoked, like "I hate that villain, they're so bad! HATEHATEHATE!!!! Yep.

So here's those books in alphabetical order so there's no strangeness among them!

So first off is Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton, Guilty Pleasures, The Laughing Corpse, Circus of the Damned,  The Lunatic Cafe, Bloody Bones, The Killing Dance, Burnt Offerings, Blue Moon, The Girl Who Was Infatuated With Death, Obsidian Butterfly, Narcissus in Chains, Cerulean Sins, Incubus DreamsMicah, Danse Macabre, The Harlequin, Blood Noir, Skin Trade, Flirt, BulletHit List, Beauty, Kiss the Dead, Dancing, Shutdown, Affliction, Jason, Dead Ice, Wounded, and Crimson Death. A new author for me, I started on her other series first, but yeah, this series was pretty darned great, and I can't wait to read more!





























Next is the Killer Instinct series by Cynthia Eden, The Gathering Dusk, After the Dusk, Before the Dawn, and Into the Dawn. I absolutely loved reading this series, the mysteries were just so fantastic! 



Next is The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand! This book was so imaginative, and special to me, because I was a part of the play my school put on of A Christmas Carol! I loved the romance, and how everything worked out! Such a great read! 
Next is the Katherine "Kitty" Katt series by Gini Koch, Alien Collective, Universal Alien, Alien Separation, Alien in Chief, Camp Alien, Alien Nation, and Alien Education. This series has just been so fantastic! I enjoy everything about them, and I can't wait for more of these books! 






Next is the Krewe of Hunter's series by Heather Graham, Santa's Mortuary, When Irish Eyes Are Haunting, The Silenced, The Forgotten, The Hidden, All Hallows Eve, Haunted Destiny, Deadly Fate, Darkest Journey, Dying Breath, Dark Rites, and Wicked Bites. Yeah, this series just keeps on giving! Such amazing partnerships, in work and in romance, and the mysteries and the ghosts! I just need more of this series!  











Next is the Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks, All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire, Secret Life of a VampireForbidden Nights With a Vampire, The Vampire and the Virgin, Eat Prey LoveVampire Mine, Sexiest Vampire Alive, Wanted: Undead or Alive, Wild About You, V is for VampWomanThe Vampire With a Dragon Tattoo, How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Even Trying), and Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire! Yeah, this series was so amazing! I just love the blend of humor, romance, and action that's in this series! I love the characters and their stories with their significant others and how things aren't quite easy at first! 












Next is All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis! This book was totally imaginative, with people owning words and music, and yeah, it's a really horrible world, but she starts to break it without meaning it, and then finishes it on purpose! So awesome! 
Next is the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs, Alpha & Omega, Cry Wolf, Hunting Ground, Fair Game, and Dead Heat! This series is just great! I had to reread it with the Mercy series, because it's the same world, and the same great writing, and similarly awesome characters and stories! 




Next is the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh, Angels' Blood, Archangel's KissArchangel's Consort, Archangel's Legion, Archangel's Heart, and Archangel's Viper! I love this series so much, I had to reread a year later! I love this take on angels, and Elena is so badass, but it love her relationship with Raphael! 





Next is Hunter series by Mercedes Lackey, Elite, and Apex! These books, the action just goes on and on! So great to read, and plus, all the emotional moments! Apex was the perfect end to the series, so much happened, and it was pretty action packed and epic and I just loved it! Some really sad parts, but some really amazing parts, as well! And there were some twists and turns, so that ending was a bit unexpected, but it came together so well! And a mark of a good-great-book, is that I want more! 

Next is the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave, At Grave's End, Destined for an Early Grave, and Up From the Grave! Yeah, I had to read about half of this series again because I had a craving for them, because they're that freaking good, which is really all I have to say! 




Next is The Awakening by Amanda Stevens! This book was the perfect ending to this creepy series! The mystery in this book was just great, and the romance and the ghost plot, it worked out so well and the end of both the book and the series was just perfect! 
Next is the InCryptid series by Seanan McGuire, The Flower of Arizona, One Hell of a Ride, No Place Like Home, Stingers and Strangers, Married in Green, Sweet Poison Wine, The First Fall, Loch and Key, We Both Go Down Together, Oh Pretty Bird, Bury Me In Satin, Snakes and Ladders, Broken Paper Hearts, The Star of New Mexico, The Way Home, The Lay of the Land, Discount Armageddon, Midnight Blue-Light Special, Blocked, Bad Dream Girl, Jammed, Survival Horror, Red as Snow, Black as Blood, White as a Raven's Wing, Half-Off Ragnarok, The Ghosts of Bourbon Street, IM, Snake in the Glass, Swamp Bromeliad, Waking Up in Vegas, My Last Name, Pocket Apocalypse, Chaos Choreography, and Magic for Nothing! Oh, man, this series! There were a lot of short stories, but they added so much to this world, because its of their grandparents and great-grandparents discovering things about this world! These characters were so intense to read about, and the world just complimented everything perfectly! These were just a joy to read! 




























Next is the Jackaby series by William Ritter, Jackaby, The Map, Beastly Bones, Ghostly Echoes, and The Dire King! I loved these books! They had such a great concept, and I loved Jackaby and his quirkiness! The mysteries were so great, and I loved the slight romance, and all the relationships! Such great books!




Next is the Devil's Rock series by Sophie Jordan, Fury on Fire, and Beautiful Lawman! Yeah, these books were just incredible! Such amazing romances, and such great stories! They were so captivating, and I just wanted more! I hope we get more!

Next is the Cainsville series by Kelley Armstrong, The Screams of Dragons, Gifted, Omens, Visions, Deceptions, The Orange Cat and Other Cainsville Tales, Betrayals, Rituals, and Rituals again! This series is just the best, I don't always know what's going on, and yeah that's a great part of these books! These books were so good that I read Rituals again, because its the ending, and I needed to read it again! 







Next is Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis! Oh, this book was so great! I loved the world and the characters, and I can't wait to see where things are going to go! 
Next is Blade Bound by Chloe Neill! This book was so great, and a great ending to this series, though there's going to be a spin off series! I loved how things worked out, and I'm glad that they got a happy ending, they deserved it after 13 books! 
Next is Blade of Darkness by Dianne Duvall! This book was so great! I'm so glad that Aidan had his own book, which was freaking great, but we also had a lot of developments of the world, and I can't wait for more in this series! 
Next is the Crown Service series by Terah Edun, Blades of Magic, and Blades of Illusion! I am loving this other series in the Algaris Universe! Sara is a great character, and I can't wait to read more about her! 

Next is The Black Tide by Keri Arthur!  This book was a perfect ending to the series! So much happens, and things are resolved, and it was just perfect to read!
Next is the Witch Hunter series by Michelle Krys, Blackwood, Hexed, and Charmed! I loved these books, they were such a great take on witches, and I loved how their magic worked, and I loved these characters! They were freaking amazing to read about, and I just loved Indie's voice! It was so perfect for this series! Well, besides for Blackwood, which Paige did, which was equally as good! 

Next is the Wildcats series by Rachel Vincent, Blind Tiger, and Wild Card! I just love the fact that we got this spin off series, and these characters who were more in the background were getting happy endings! Plus there's a lot of shifter politics, with things going up and down and are so freaking complicated! 

Next is Bliss by Lynsay Sands! This book was absolutely hilarious, and I just adored it to pieces! Such an amazing read! The characters were so great together, and when he plays out her dream, wow, that was so great and made for a great show for the other characters!
Next is the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, Moon Crossed, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed, Silver Borne, River Marked, Fire Touched, and Silence Broken! I had to read this series again! After I read Silence Broken for the first time, of course, because I'm weird like that! Mercy is just an amazing character to read about, and her adventures keep me on the edge of my seat! 









Next is the Dark World: SoulTracker series by T.G. Ayer, Blood Magic, and Demon Kin! These two books were so excellent! I haven't read the first series, but yeah, the world was so original, and I loved these characters and the challenges they had to face! 

Next is the Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon series by Yasmine Galenorn, Etched in Silver, Witchling, Chageling, Darkling, Dragon Wytch, Night Huntress, Demon Mistress, The Shadow of the Mist, Bone Magic, Harvest Hunting, Blood Wytch, Ice Shards, Counting Darkness, Shaded Vision, Shadow Rising, Haunted Moon, Autumn Whispers, Crimson Veil, Flight from Hell, Priestess Dreaming, Panther Prowling, Darkness Raging, and Moon Shimmers! This series was so great! I loved this story of sisters and romance and fighting for the right, even when you're a small team with a bunch of people cheering on from the sidelines! I had my favorite sister to read about (shh, don't tell anyone!) but I enjoyed the stories of all the sisters and how this world, these characters-and the strength of their foes-grew! 






















Next is The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco! Oh, yeah, this book is a top, top, read of 2017! It did have a slow start, but once you got going, the book just sucked you right in, and I just read it so desperately! It was just a really fantastic book! I just loved everything about it, including the creepy cover! 
Next is Born of Vengeance by Sherrilyn Kenyon! This book was so great, I loved this couple! I just wish we could've seen more of their story!
Next is Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost, Bound by Flames, and Into the Fire! This spin off series has been so great, and these last two books just really exemplified that, they were just so fantastic to read, I just had to read them, they were that good!

Next is the Wicked Trilogy series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Torn, and Brave! Oh, these books! I loved them, this world of fae, and these characters and the journeys they go on! Especially Ivy, she goes on one heck of a journey! So much happened, and it was just so great to read!

Next is Brave New Girl by Rachel Vincent! This book was so great! The world was horrible, but it just gives the characters something to fight against! And makes it so great to read!
Next is the Kingmaker Chronicles series by Amanda Bouchet, A Promise of Fire, and Breath of Fire! These two books are top, top reads of 2017! They were epic, and so interesting! I loved reading about the characters, and the pages couldn't turn fast enough, and they couldn't be long enough!

Next is the Broken Destiny series by Jeaniene Frost, The Beautiful Ashes, The Sweetest Burn, and The Brightest Embers! This series is just so fantastic! I love this take on angels, demons, and fate and destiny! So great! I loved reading about these characters in this world! And the ending was just awesome, though I wish it was longer! 


Next is the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire, The Brightest Fell, and Of Things Unknown! Oh, wow, these stories were so great! Toby went through hell in The Brightest Fell, but it was such a great read! And April was a very interesting narrator! 
Next is The Broken Ones by Danielle L. Jensen! This was such a great prequel novel, it was so heartbreaking, knowing what was going to happen, but that was part of why this book is so good!
Next is the Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews, Burn for Me, Burn for Me again, White Hot, and Wildfire! Yeah, this series was pretty darned epic! They are all top reads of 2017! I just read these books, and just couldn't stop reading them! So freaking great! 


Next is the Original Heartbreakers series by Gena Showalter, Can't Hardly Breath, Can't Let Go, and Can't Get Enough! Yeah, we had this series doubling itself (well, besides one short story) in this year! I loved the romances, and the odd happenings, just made for great reads! 


Next is the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton, A Kiss of Shadows, A Caress of Twilight, Seduced by MoonlightA Stroke of Midnight, Mistral's Kiss, A Lick of Frost, Swallowing Darkness, Divine Misdemeanors, and A Shiver of Light! Yeah, this is the series that got me on Laurell K. Hamilton, it was so enticing, and I just had to devour it! It was so freaking great! I loved everything about it, and yeah, I need more of this series!








Next is the Chronicles of Elantra by Michelle Sagara, Cast in Shadow, Cast in Flame, Cast in Honor, Cast in Flight, and Cast in Deception! Yeah, while I didn't read these in order but that's just how it worked out! While all the books are really great, they've had their time on this list previously, so yeah, now Cast in Deception is a top, top read of 2017! Such a great read, and of course the whole series is just so amazing to read! 




Next is The Innkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews, Clean SweepSweep in Peace, and One Fell Sweep! This series was so amazing! So unique, so captivating, and I loved the characters and the world, just everything! And we're supposed to be getting a novella soon, yeah! 



Next is Cold Reign by Faith Hunter! I only found this series like, last year, and I was so glad for this book, a lot happened in it, and it was so great to be with these characters again! I need more! 
Next is A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas! This book was such a fantastic sequel, there was an amazing mystery, and so many updates, it was just an amazing read! 
Next is A Conspiracy of Stars by Olivia A. Cole! This was such a great sci-fi book! I loved the world and the developing mystery! And the ending was evil, I need the next book!
Next is the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses, A Court of Mist and Fury, Wings and Embers, and A Court of Wings and Ruin! Yeah, such a great series! Of course all the books were great, but ACOWAR was a top, top read of 2017, I anticipated it so much, it was such an amazing read! It was a really great conclusion to their story, though there's going to be a story dealing with the aftereffects in May-ish! 



Next is the Star-Touched Queen series by Roshani Chokshi, Death and Night, and A Crown of Wishes! These books were so great! The world is just so fantastical, and intereseting, and that made for some really great books! 

Next is the Nava Katz series by Deborah Wilde, The Unlikeable Demon Hunter, Slay, StingCrush, Need and Seize! This series was so fantastic, such a fantastic world and Nava was so sarcastic and who knew her worth, even when the guys around her didn't. Love this series, and I can't wait to read more!





Next is Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, Magic Bleeds, Curran POV Collection, Magic Slays, Magic Tests, Retribution Clause, An Ill-Advised Rescue, Magic Rises, Magic Breaks, Magic Shifts, Magic Stars, and Magic Binds! I just love this series so much, so I needed a reread, especially since it's going to be ending in 2018! It's just so great to read! 













Next is Dangerous by Shannon Hale! This book was different, interesting, and fast-paced, and so enjoyable to read! I loved it! 
Next is the Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur, Temping DangerDangerous Games, Embraced by Darkness, The Darkest Kiss, Deadly Desire, Bound to Shadows, and Moon Sworn! Yeah, this series so amazing, I loved the world which was different, and the characters, they were strong in different ways! Really amazing series!






Next is the Broken Rider series by Deborah Blake, Dangerously Charming, and Dangerously Divine! I loved having this spin off series, being in these characters heads, and having them find romance, so great to read!

Next is Dare You by Jennifer Brown! This book was even better than the first one, the mystery was just so intense and great, and there was some really great developments, and I need the 3rd and final book! 
Next is Dark Legacy by Christine Feehan! Yeah, another book in this series, another book in this US story arc! I loved this couple and their story! I need more! 
Next is Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward, Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed, Lover Unbound, Lover Enshrined, Father Mine, Lover Avenged, Lover Mine, Lover Unleashed, and Lover Reborn! I only just really found this series, and it was just really addicting and page turning! Love the relationships, and I can't wait to read more! 










Next is the Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl, If Angels Burn, Private Demon, Dark Need, Night Lost, Evermore, Twilight Fall, Midnight BluesStay the Night, Master of Shadows, and Incarnatio! Yeah, I finally reread this series! I just love how unique this is, and the romances! I just enjoy them! 









Next is the Fifty Shades by E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed, and Darker! Yeah, I had to reread the trilogy, because of Darker, both the book and the movie! I don't know why I'm kinda obsessed with this series, but I am. 



Next is The Darkest Promise by Gena Showalter! Oh, yeah, we have Cameo's book! It was different, but yeah, so great! It took us mostly away from the usual gang, and I was interested to see how things would play out! 
Next is A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong! Oh, wow, this was a fantastic sequel, so intricately plotted, I loved the mystery, so fascinating, and I just can't wait for more of this series!
Next is Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur! I loved this spin off series, and I can't wait to see where things are going to go in this series! 
Next is The Dastardly Miss Lizzie by Viola Darr! This book was dark and complex, and so great! I loved the mysteries and the romance stuff! 
Next is Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon! This book was so great, introducing another side of the world! So enjoyable! 
Next is The Death Code by Lindsay Cummings! Oh, man, this book was so great! So dark, and continued the plotline so well! And it ended so well! 
Next is the X-Ops series by Paige Tyler, Her Secret Agent, Her Perfect Mate, Her Lone Wolf, Her Halloween Costume...His Halloween Fantasy, Her Wild Hero, Declan and the Disney Elves, An X-Ops Honeymoon, and Her Special Alpha! This series and this author is new to me, and I'm I'm glad that I read these books, they were epic and incredible and I need to read more! 






Next is the Dr. Sam Owen series by J.T. Ellison, A Deeper DarknessEdge of Black, When Shadows Fall, and What Lies Behind! Yeah, I finally read more of this series! I loved Sam Owens and her journey in these books, and the mysteries! Such great reads! 



Next is Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray! Oh, this was a really amazing read! The world was just so well developed, and I loved these characters and their interactions with one another! So great!
Next is the Sigma Force series by James Rollins, Ghost Ship, and The Demon Crown! Yeah, more time in this world! I just love his mix of history, science, and fantastic locations! They come together for great reads!

Next is The Devil's Footprint by Amanda Stevens! This was such a great creepy mystery novel! Loved reading it again! 
Next is the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong, Dime Store Magic, Industrial Magic, and No Humans Involved! I don't know why I read these specific books, or rather, why I craved reading these books, and only just these books! They were just so great! 


Next is the Nadia Stanford series by Kelley Armstrong, Wild JusticeDouble Play, and Perfect Victim! I love this series so much, so I had to read the latest books again, and then Perfect Victim, for the first time, with a tie in with her newest adult series, Rockton, I think, so yeah that was really great! 


Next is Dragon Blood by Eileen Wilks! Oh, this book was just epic! Reading it was a pure joy, and I loved all the twists and turns! And how things are set up for the next book, I can't wait! 
Next is Dragon King Of Treoir by Dianna Love! This series has just gotten better and better! The focus has kinda shifted, since they've mostly gotten happy endings, and now it's some other characters turns! 
Next is Dragonsworn by Sherrilyn Kenyon! Yeah, this book was such a great addition to the series, a lot happened, some big reveals, and yeah, a really great read! 
Next is Dreamfall by Amy Plum! This book was so interesting! Such a great concept, and it was just so dark and facinating to read! 
Next is Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst! Yeah, this book was just as good as the first time, such a great read, and so hilarious and awesome! I kinda wish it was a series, so we could have more!
Next is series by Eve Silver, Driven, Frozen, and Hidden! This series was dark and hilarious and I enjoyed reading it a lot, and I hope we get more! 


Next is the In Death series by J.D. Robb, Echoes in Death, and Secrets in Death! This series is just so freaking great, everything book is such a great read, and that's really all I have to say! 

Next is the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, Eleventh Grave in Moonlight, and The Trouble With the Twelfth Grave! This series just gets better and better! So much happened, and it's almost done, and it's sad, but the books are just so freaking good! 

Next is The Empress by S.J. Kincaid! Oh, this book was a top, top read of 2017! So many ups and downs, so many heart-wrenching moments, just everything about it was so freaking great, and I need to know how things are going to end in the final book! 
Next is Endless by Kate Brian! Oh, wow, this book was such a fantastic ending to this series! With everything found out, or so we think, well, things have come together, and it was such a great read!
Next is the Highlander series by Lynsay Sands, An English Bride in Scotland,To Marry a Scottish Laird, The Highlander Takes a Bride, Falling for the Highlander, and Surrender to the Highlander! These books were such great historicals, and they were so hilarious! I loved the romance and the mysteries, and the crazy happenings!




Next is Others series by Anne Bishop, Written in Red, Murder of Crows, Vision in Silver, Marked in Flesh, Marked in Flesh againEtched in Bone, and Etched in Bone again! Oh, wow, I just discovered this author, and I absolutely loved reading these books, I devoured them, even through a power outage! These books, especially the last 2, are top, top reads of 2017! They were so freaking great! 




Next is Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett! This book was so fantastic, so interesting and different and I need the next book! 
Next is the Clash of Kingdoms series by Erin Summerill, Ever the Hunted, and Ever the Brave! These books were so great, I loved that she was strong, and I loved her journey! So great, and I'm glad that we're getting another book starring other characters!

Next is Everless by Sara Holland! Wow, this book was just so unexpected for me! I started reading it and I didn't know what to think, and yeah, it was just so interesting! So amazing! And that ending! I need the next book!
Next is the Effigies series by Sarah Raughley, Fate of Flames, and Siege of Shadows! This series was so interesting and unique, so awesome, and I loved the characters and the story, and I can't wait for the 3rd book!

Next is Feversong by Karen Marie Moning! This book was the perfect ending to Mac's story! So great, so much happened, it was just such a great read!
Next is the Silver Springs series by Brenda Novak, Finding Our Forever, No One But You, Until You Loved Me, and Right Where We Belong! This series has been both sweet and serious, and it balanced both of these so well, such great reads!



Next is Flame in the Dark by Faith Hunter! Yeah, another amazing, fascinating book in this series! So much happened in this book, it was so action and information packed! Absolutely loved it, and I'm so glad that we get at least 2 more books in this series! 
Next is the Fly by Night series by Yasmine Galenorn, Flight from Death, and Flight from Mayhem! This spin off series is so interesting, and I'm so glad that this characters got more screen time with these books! Which were so great and enjoyable! 

Next is the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot, Forever Princess, and Royal Wedding! It's been so while since I read these books, and for Royal Wedding, I'd only read it once before, so yeah, so amazing to read these amazing books again! 

Next is Full Moons and Mistletoe by Alyssa Ivy Rose! This story was a fantastic read, I just devoured it, and it was just great to read! 
Next is Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard! I loved this story, it was different, and these characters were diverse, and I just loved this story, of a girl deciding who she wants to be defined as!
Next is The Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister! This book was so fantastic, so hilarious and so unique! I enjoyed reading it so much! 
Next is The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano! Yeah, this book was such an amazing book, the world was so interesting, and I loved the characters! Their stories were just so interesting!
Next is Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff! This book was even darker then the first one, and was just so incredible to read! So much happened, and it was hit after blow after kick! It was such an incredible read, and a top read of 2017!
Next is The Good Daughter series by Karin Slaughter, Last Breath, and The Good Daughter! These books were so freaking great! Such great lawyer time, and personal, heart-felt going-ons, and yeah, just loved everything about them!

Next is series by Michelle Sagara, SilenceTouch, and Grave! Oh, wow, these books were so great and unique! I love Michelle Sagara's writing, and these books were just a great example of why I do! 


Next is The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins! This book was just an epic end to this duology, loved everything about it, I just absolutely loved reading it!
Next is Grave Ransom by Kalayna Price! Such a great sequel, so much happened! So many ups and downs, the developments, and wow, just loved it! I need a 6th book! 
Next is the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's StoneHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of AzkabanHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireHarry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixHarry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling! Ah, Harry Potter, I finally reread you! And read Cursed Child for the first time! Such great reads, and just so enjoyable to read!







Next is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas! Oh, the way this book captured my attention! I read it, and I couldn't stop, and it was so perfect, besides the fact that the guy got away with killing her friend without being charged. That sucked.
Next is Heartstone by Elle Katharine White! Yeah, oh wow, this book was just absolutely incredible! It's a top read of 2017, definitely! I devoured it, I loved everything about it, and I can't sing its praises enough! I'm glad that I read it as a tour book, because it got to be the top post for basically a day, and it deserved it so much!
Next is Hello Again by Brenda Novak! This was such a great sequel, and the mystery was just so intriguing, and I'm glad that there's a slow burn on the one mystery, and I can't wait to read more!
Next is House of Furies by Madeleine Roux! This book was dark and fantastic! And the main character shares a name with me! I need more!
Next is Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre! Yeah, this is another one of the best books that I read, hands down. I wasn't expecting to read it when I did, but once I started, I couldn't stop, and I just devoured it! Everything about it was just incredible, and I just need more more more!
Next is the Embraced series by Kerrelyn Sparks, How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days, and So I Married a Sorcerer! These books were just incredible to read! The world, just wow, the characters and the romances, just needed to be read, and the journeys they went on were just the best to read!

Next is Hunted by Meagan Spooner! I loved this take on Beauty and the Beast, and it was so well done, the world building was superb, and I loved these characters! And the open ending, with potential for the future, that was so great!
Next is I'm Not Your Manic Pixie Girl by Gretchen McNeil! Yeah, I can't say enough good things about this book, it hit all the right notes, and was just a pleasing, enjoyable book to read!
Next is If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout! This book, oh, wow, it was almost hard to read, knowing that something bad was going to happen, and then it did, oh, yeah, that was a really difficult journey that she went on! But so great to read!
Next is the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands, Immortal UnchainedImmortally Yours, and Twice Bitten! Oh, man! I only found this series last year, but it holds a special place in my heart! These books are incredible, I love the couples relationships, and the humour, and just everything about them!


Next is Insurrection by Sherrilyn Kenyon! This novella was such a great introduction to this world, there were so many times that I clenched my fists in righteous anger, things shouldn't be like that! I need more of this series and this world, pronto, I need to know what's going to happen next!
Next is Intensity by Sherrilyn Kenyon! This was such a great end to the Nick-stared series, it was so good to read it, I just wish it was longer, I wanted more, it was that good!
Next is Just Kill Me by Adam Selzer! This book was dark and hilarious, and I just loved every word! The mystery was so great, and that ending was just evil!
Next is Kiss the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky! This book was just over the charts hilarious! I mean, the situations that they get into! Such a great read, and I think this book could be in my top, top reads of 2017, I think!
Next is A Knight Like No Other by Jocelyn Kelley! This book had an incredible concept, and it played out so well, and it was funny, too! Such a great read! I need to read more!
Next is The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro! Oh, man! Everything about this book was so freaking great! The mystery, the developments in their relationship, and yeah, can't forget about that extremely amazing ending! I need the final book!
Next is Last Star Burning by Caitlin Sangster! This book was so unique, and so fascinating! I just devoured it, and as she slowly learned more about her world, and the lies that were told, and how she grew...yeah, I just absolutely loved this book!
Next is Leopard's Blood by Christine Feehan! Another amazing book in this series! I really enjoyed these characters, and was so glad that they got a happy ending with each other! The twist was fantastic, and I'm hoping the one guy will get a book himself one day!
Next is Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer! This book had some many ups and downs, and was just incredible to read! It made me laugh, it made me mourn, and it made me righteously angry! Loved it!
Next is Look Behind You by Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen! Oh, wow, this book! So many developments, such an amazing mystery, and yeah, and all around amazing read!
Next is the Lord John series by Diana Gabaldon, Lord John and the Hellfire Club, Lord John and the Private Matter, and Lord John and the Succubus! These books were just the best to read! They were a bit dense, took that little bit of extra time to understood what was meant, but that meant I savored them! So that was really great!


Next is The Lost Key by Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison! Wow, this book was absolutely amazing! Some really great developments, both in their relationship, and in this series, and the mystery was just so intriguing and I had to know more!
Next is Lover's Knot by Karen Chance! Reading this novella was so great! We haven't had a Dory novel in a while, so catching up with her in this story was great, and a link to her dad's past, so we kinda had dual stories going on, was just epic!
Next is Matchmaker Abduction by Donna McDonald! This book was totally hilariuos, and totally unique! I loved the concept, and everything about it! I just wish it was longer, but it is a series, so there's more to be had, yeah! 
Next is the Eve Duncan series by Iris Johansen, Mind Game, and Shattered Mirrors! Oh, wow, some really great stories here! I love this series, and the fact that it's so long lived and long is so excellent! Some pretty exciting developments, and I can't wait for more!

Next is Mind Games by Heather L. Petty! This book was so dark, and so great! I didn't want to read it almost, because it's a step towards them being enemies, and I don't want that! But it was such a great read!
Next is Missing by Kelley Armstrong! This book totally didn't go where I thought it was going to, and I loved it, and yeah, it was just amazing to read! I loved the mystery and the romance, and it was just so great!
Next is Monstrous by Thomas E. Sniegoski! This book was just as creepy and awesome as the first one! I was so enthralled, I had to read more! Such a great read!
Next is Moonlight Sins by Jennifer L. Armentrout! This book was so amazing, I loved the romance and the mystery, and I can't wait to read more of this series! Just everything about this book was great!
Next is More of Me by Kathryn Evans! The whole concept of this book was so intriguing, and it played out so well, is she crazy or is this really going on! Such a great read!
Next is My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland! This book was different, and so hilarious! I loved this take on zombies! Such a great read, and I don't know why I haven't read more of this series yet!
Next is Nemesis by Anna Banks! Everything about this book (maybe not the cover) was just so great! The characters, the plot, the writing, the world building, I just loved it!
Next is No Easy Target by Iris Johansen! I was so excited to read a Margaret-centric novel, and it didn't disappoint! Such a great read, the bad guy just got on my nerves so much, and I hope we see more of these two together!
Next is One Blood Ruby by Melissa Marr! This was a fantastic sequel! So much happened, and I was just so invested with everything that was happening! Such a great read!
Next is the Othereworld Stories series by Kelley Armstrong, Otherworld Secrets, and Otherworld Chills! I loved these collections, they added to this world, and we saw more of these characters that I just love, so that was just great!

Next is Paw Enforcement by Diane Kelly! This book was just absolutely hilarious, and the idea of a policewoman/dog partnership is just awesome!
Next is The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda! The mystery in this book was just perfect, and I just enjoyed everything about it!
Next is The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout! This was an issue story, you know, and it did it so well, and I just enjoyed reading it so much!
Next is The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross! Reading this book was just totally amazing! I just devoured it, it was so intriguing, I loved the world building and these characters, and was invested in what was happening! Such a great book!
Next is Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot! This book was just a fun read, so funny, with so much happening, and such great characters! Just an amazing read!
Next is Ride the Storm by Karen Chance! It finally happened! This is what I've wanted for a book and a bit for a while! It was so great, so much happened, and it was just such a freaking great read!
Next is Ringer by Lauren Oliver! I loved reading this sequel, there were so many developments, and I enjoyed it so much! Such a great duology!

Next is the Rogue Files series by Sophie Jordan, While the Duke Was Sleeping, and The Scandal of It All! This series was just hilarious and so much fun and I loved reading them!

Next is Seeker by Veronica Rossi! This book was so epic! I loved being in her POV, and so much happens, it was just a fantastic book!
Next is The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey! The thing that I love about this book is that it's such a great sequel, and there were so many great developments, and I can't wait to read the final book!
Next is Shadow Reaper by Christine Feehan! I read Shadow Reaper, and while I wouldn't choose their choices, the plot was fantastic, and and it was such a great read!
Next is the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, Shadow's Seduction, and Wicked Abyss! I love reading this series! Each book is so amazing, and great to read! I need more!

Next is Silver Silence by Nalini Singh! I only found her writing last year, but I'm glad that I did, because it has such gems as this book! This story had the perfect balance of humour, romance and mystery!
Next is Sisters of Salt and Iron by Kady Cross! This was an amazing sequel, we had more of this world, and I really enjoyed it! Such a great book!
Next is Spartan Heart by Jennifer Estep! I loved being in this world again! Rory was an amazing lead character, and I need more of this series!
Next is Spectacle by Rachel Vincent! Oh, wow, this book kept me at the edge of my seat! I just devoured it, and it pushed my buttons, and I just had to read more of it! This is definitely one of the top, top books of 2017!
Next is Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer! It was so imaginative, and so different! I enjoyed it so much!
Next is Strange Candy by Laurell K. Hamilton! The stories in this book were creative and different and so interesting! This was a really great collection!
Next is The Struggle by Jennifer L. Armentrout! This book changed a lot in the world, and yeah, I can't wait for the 4th book, I need it, because yeah, this series is so freaking good, including this book!
Next is The Hollows series by Kim Harrison, The Witch With No Name, and Sudden Backtrack! I had to reread these two stories, because I've only read them once, so it was so great to read them again, because they were just incredible!

Next is Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins! It was weird and awesome to see all the events of the trilogy from Kai's POV! Great book, so enjoyable!
Next is Swinging at Love by Kendra C. Highley! This book was a lot of fun, and so sweet! Really enjoyed it!
Next is the Courtlight series by Terah Edun, Sworn to Quell, and Sworn to Restoration! I've loved this series from the beginning, and yeah, now that it's almost over, these books are just as great, if not better!

Next is Ten by Gretchen McNeil! Even knowing what was going to happen, this book was dark and creepy and I loved the mystery!
Next is Third Strike by Kate Kessler! This series just keeps getting better! I just enjoyed it so much! What I love about this series is just all the more here in this book, you know? 
Next is Three Truths and a Lie by Brent Hartinger! This book was dark and twisted and just incredible! The ending, just wow! Loved it!
Next is Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout! This book was so fantastic! The mystery, the romance, the story! Such a great read, and just the best! Loved it!
Next is Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas! I don't know what I can say about this book! On one had, I absolutely loved it and it added so much to this world! But on the other, well, I want to have more Aelin, the end of her story!
Next is A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn! This book, oh, I loved this book! Deanna Raybourn's writing is just so fantastic! And I'm really enjoying this series! Can't wait for more!
Next is Truthwitch by Susan Dennard! This book was just so amazing! The world-building, the characters, the writing, the story, just everything about it was just amazing! I need to pace myself, though, because the whole series hasn't come out yet!
Next is Twelve by Jennifer Lynn Barnes! Yeah, if this book was longer, then it would've been one of my top, top reads of the year. As it is, it's pretty high, because wow, it was just great! I love her writing, and I love this series, and the mix of past and present was just fantastic! Loved it! I hope we get more of this series, but it's unlikely!
Next is Two Nights by Kathy Reichs! This book was totally different from her Temperance series, but it was so great! I loved the mystery and the character! They were just fantastic!
Next is the Burnham College series by Julianna Keyes, Undecided, and Undeclared! These books were incredible! I loved the relationships, they were so awesome to read about!

Next is the Undead series by Kirsty McKay, Undead, and Unfed! This book was horror and they were hilarious! And they were clever! Really enjoyed both of them!

Next is the Megan Berry by Stacey Jay series, You Are So Undead to MeUndead Much, and Valentine's Day of the Undead! Yeah, this books were just hilarious and so great! Loved reading them, and I wish there was more! Too bad there won't be.


Next is The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli!  Oh, wow, this book was so fantastic! Such an amazing story, such a great read! Her books are just fantastic!
Next is Vampire Fight Club by Larissa Ione! I had read this novella before, but yeah, such a great story, and I need to read more of this series!
Next is Vigilante by Kady Cross! Oh, wow, this book was just fantastic! I devoured it, it had such an interesting concept, and it was just a fantastic story! I loved it, and I need more by Kady Cross!
Next is Whispering Springs by Amanda Stevens! There was such great romance in this book, with an amazing mystery! Loved reading it!
Next is the Baba Yaga series by Deborah Blake, Wickedly MagicalWickedly DangerousWickedly WonderfulWickedly Ever AfterWickedly Powerful, and Wickedly Spirited! Oh, this series! I've been meaning to read it for awhile, and I read it, and it was so freaking great, I just devoured these books, they were so epic!





Next is The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine! This book was such a fantastic sequel! I loved the story, and we did see the stars of the previous book a bit, and yeah, I can't wait to read more of this incredible series!
Next is Worth Any Cost by Brenna Aubrey
Next is 8 Bodies is Enough by Stephanie Bond! Another amazing book in this series, such a great mystery, and I loved all the developments, and I can't wait for more!
Lastly is 100 Hours by Rachel Vincent! This book was so awesome! So action packed, and sometimes hard to read because of my buttons, but yeah, such a great book! I can't wait to read the sequel!
485 of 576, so I didn't read as much as last year, but more than I did in 2015. So yeah, really happy with all this. And there are some very wonderful books coming out in 2018, that I can't wait to read! 

Not so funny, short story, while I was working on this post, my computer froze, and I had to restart it. The last time I'd saved it, apparently, was just after I did Letters to the Lost, while I had been working on Two Nights. Which was apparently 60-ish books that I had to redo. Not fun, but I have redone it! 

So yeah, those are the best books that I read in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!