Saturday, January 13, 2018

Week 2 Review: Unearthed

From Goodreads:
When Earth intercepts a message from a long-extinct alien race, it seems like the solution the planet has been waiting for. The Undying's advanced technology has the potential to undo environmental damage and turn lives around, and Gaia, their former home planet, is a treasure trove waiting to be uncovered.

For Jules Addison and his fellow scholars, the discovery of an alien culture offers unprecedented opportunity for study... as long as scavengers like Amelia Radcliffe don't loot everything first. Mia and Jules' different reasons for smuggling themselves onto Gaia put them immediately at odds, but after escaping a dangerous confrontation with other scavvers, they form a fragile alliance.

In order to penetrate the Undying temple and reach the tech and information hidden within, the two must decode the ancient race's secrets and survive their traps. But the more they learn about the Undying, the more their presence in the temple seems to be part of a grand design that could spell the end of the human race...

My Review:
Oh, this book was just absolutely amazing! I've enjoyed their previous series, and I was really looking forward to this book, and it was everything I could've wanted and more! I loved the story, I loved the characters, and the world! So fascinating and just so enticing to read! But so hard to find the words to review it! My thoughts just went in a million directions and trying to corral them into writing this review was hard!

I wouldn't want to live in this world. Ours is heading that way, and I really hope we can stop it, because otherwise, things would look pretty dire, like it does in this book. They have a power cell powering Los Angeles, and they've had to abandon cities, and water is scarce. Not good!

I loved the ingenuity that Julies and Mia had to use in order to successfully navigate the traps on the path to finding the treasure. They both had their reasons for wanting to find the treasure, though that sometimes put them at odds.

The amount of planning, both to create the trials, and then for the plans that the one organization made to find the treasure, wow, was it intricate! So many twists and turns, and one shock after another! That they had scavengers as bait, totally not cool, but how they used Jules, that was just awful!

The ending was just a pure evil cliffhanger! I mean, after coming to the conclusion that there were two fractions of Undying, and that the reward at the end was for the Undying, not the people who went through the trials and traps...and to have the people come out and look, and maybe be, human? Mind. Blown.

This book was just so freaking fantastic, and I'm really excited for the sequel! I just want to read it now!

Authors: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Series: Unearthed #1
Read: January 9th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love their books, and it sounded really good! And it's a 2018 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Published: January 9th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!