Saturday, January 22, 2022

Week 3 Reviews: Hades and Hades, Electric Idol



A short story about Hades and Persephone from Neon Gods, and how their story ties with the Wicked Villains series.

From Goodreads:
He was the most beautiful man alive.
And if I wasn't careful, he was going to be my death.

*A scorchingly hot modern retelling of Psyche and Eros that's as sinful as it is sweet.*

In the ultra-modern city of Olympus, there's always a price to pay. Psyche knew she'd have to face Aphrodite's ire eventually, but she never expected her literal heart to be at stake...or for Aphrodite's gorgeous son to be the one ordered to strike the killing blow.

Eros has no problem shedding blood. But when it comes time to take out his latest target, he can't do it. Confused by his reaction to Psyche, he does the only thing he can think of to keep her safe: he marries her. Psyche vows to make Eros's life a living hell until they find a way out of this mess. But as lines blur and loyalties shift, she realizes he might take her heart after all...and she's not sure she can survive the loss.

My Review:
I loved reading these stories! So much so that I read Electric Idol again as an ebook once it was officially released! I love this world, and it was really great to get Psyche and Ero's story! I loved that there was such a great plus sized positivity rep in Psyche, and that she was media savvy was so fantastic! Plus that he got angry on her behalf because of the trolls was so precious! 

I loved reading Hades and Hades. The one big question I had of Neon Gods was whether Hades from Learn My Lesson was connected to Neon God's Hades. So it was fantastic to have this confirmation, and to have them meet for the first time, after thinking the other was dead all these years! I'm so glad that we got this story! 

I'd agree with the synopsis, sinful and sweet. This is the first book in this world, that I've read at least, that's vanilla. There's not BDSM, and there's one or two kinks. Which was great for two reasons-one, that that's what these characters were like, given what their lives were like, there was one scene were Eros just wanted to hold Psyche, just to reassure himself that she was fine. And two, I was consuming this as an audiobook, and I was a bit scared of what a kinky audiobook would sound like, so I haven't learned as of yet! 

I loved who these two were, they were both smart and cunning, they both know how to play the game-but because of his position as Aphrodite's fixer, he usually doesn't. But boy the charm when he does! I loved their chemistry, they way they both fell in love with the other, not knowing that the other was in love with them, it was swoon-worthy to read! 

And I can't not mention what got them married in the first place-that Aphrodite wanted Psyche dead. It was really great to watch all of these politics come out-especially since Demeter and the new Zeus were arranging a marriage for him and Psyche. Oh, and that Aphrodite didn't care about the politics, wasn't level-minded enough to do so. Loved how it all turned out, it was really clever! And that epilogue with the family dinner was so sweet! 

I'm really excited for Wicked Beauty. It's going to star Helen, who we met in this book. Given the ending of this book, and the synopsis of the next, it sounds like Ares position is being replaced. And I can't wait to see it go down, given that Zeus is an asshole and offering Helen's hand in marriage into the mix! 

Plus we have the couple of the book after that, Radiant Sin, which is going to star Apollo and Cassandra, which I'm also excited for-we met Cassandra briefly in this book, and it's mentioned that she treated Apollo and his brother, Orpheus (you know, the one that broke Eurydice's heart!) so I'm excited to see how that plays out! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for the next book in the series, I can't wait to read Helen's book! 

Author: Katee Robert, Narrated by Alex Moorcock and Zara Hampton-Brown
Series: Dark Olympus #1.5, 2
Read: January 16th, 16th, 18th, 2022
Source: Free, NetGalley 
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books, and Electric Idol is a 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Katee Robert, Dreamscape Media/Sourcebooks Casablanca
Published: 2021, January 18th 2022

Hades and Hades:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Electric Idol:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!