Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 46 Review: Bitter End

From Goodreads:
When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole -- a handsome, funny, sports star who adores her -- she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate . . . someone who truly loves and understands her.

At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her close friend Zack, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all her time with another boy? As the months pass, though, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, or increasingly violent threats.

As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose -- between her "true love" and herself.

My Review:
I'm finally at the end of the books that I just didn't enjoy, this is the last one. Because boy, this wasn't something that I truly enjoyed reading it. Because this was a really violent relationship-which I know happens in real life-but I don't want to read about it.

I wish I enjoyed it-I wish that I enjoyed all books. But this book was too dark for me. I mean, I can take the dark that's in Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon, because I know that it's going to have a happy ending. I didn't have the same assurances for this book!

A relationship that starts good at the beginning, but progressively gets worse and worse, it sounds like most relationships that don't work out. But in this one, there's a violent aspect to it, that made it so much more worse!

I guess one good thing that could come from it, is someone could give it to a girl, and say, hey, these are some possible warning signs (because it's only one situation, so it can't have all of them) that the relationship isn't good for you. It isn't right for a guy to treat a girl this way. Yeah.

I did want to enjoy this book, but oh, well, I don't have much control over what I like and dislike!

Author: Jennifer Brown
Read: November 14th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a compelling story! And it's a WTC book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: May 10th 2011
3/5 Hearts
1/5 Books
1/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!