Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 47 Review: Ice

From Goodreads:
When Cassie was a little girl, her grandmother told her a fairy tale about her mother, who made a deal with the Polar Bear King and was swept away to the ends of the earth. Now that Cassie is older, she knows the story was a nice way of saying her mother had died. Cassie lives with her father at an Arctic research station, is determined to become a scientist, and has no time for make-believe.

Then, on her eighteenth birthday, Cassie comes face-to-face with a polar bear who speaks to her. He tells her that her mother is alive, imprisoned at the ends of the earth. And he can bring her back — if Cassie will agree to be his bride.

That is the beginning of Cassie's own real-life fairy tale, one that sends her on an unbelievable journey across the brutal Arctic, through the Canadian boreal forest, and on the back of the North Wind to the land east of the sun and west of the moon. Before it is over, the world she knows will be swept away, and everything she holds dear will be taken from her — until she discovers the true meaning of love and family in the magical realm of Ice.

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! It was so fantastic, and this world, and this writing, just oh, everything about it! I loved it, and I would love a sequel, or a companion book, oh, just anything, so I could spend more time in this world!

The story of her mom, she maybe knew a few details. But then she's affected by it, brought into it, and the adventure begins, and it was so incredible to do this! It was written so beautifully, and I wanted so much more time there!

So what Cassie discovers, well, that was really awesome, because it helps both sides. It helps those that had been dying out, because they weren't getting the souls. And then there was the other side, the souls, who wanted more then what they were! So fantastic!

One thing that I really wish we could've had, is more time for her reunion with Bear. They'd been separated for so long, and now they were back together, and I wish that we'd gotten more time there! Oh, and that we could've had her and her parents after this all happened, too, would've been fantastic!

I just loved this book so much, and now I need to read the last Sarah Beth Durst book that's out that I haven't already read, because her writing is just magnificent!

Author: Sarah Beth Durst
Read: November 22nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a WTC book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: September 27th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!