Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 45 Review: The Traitor's Smile

From Goodreads:
Eugenie de Boncoeur has fled the violence of the French Revolution to find sanctuary in England at the home of her cousin, Hetta. At first, the two girls find themselves at loggerheads: Hetta can't understand Eugenie's preoccupation with clothes and appearance, and scorns her politics. Soon, however, they are drawn together by a shared sense of danger, for across the Channel waits the vengeful Pale Assassin, determined to claim Eugenie for himself. With her brother's life at stake, how can she refuse his dreadful bargain? But it will mean sacrificing her chance of love and returning to Paris in the grip of the Terror. Eugenie must now decide her destiny - with or without Hetta's help.

My Review:
So this book, well, I didn't enjoy it as much, just like the previous book. And I don't know why I read this book, because I knew that I didn't like the previous book.  So it was just a really silly decision for me to read this book!

If I could've changed things, then I wouldn't have read this book. It was OK to read, but I just wasn't all that interested in what was happening, I didn't connect to the characters, and yeah, it pretty much was a waste of my reading time to read this book!

Some positives for those that would enjoy this book, would have to be the historical detail. I don't know how accurate they are, but those details are there, for others to like and to be brought into this world!

Another would have to be the mystery/romance, and dealing with having to come back to France, after all the trouble that they went to, to get out of France in the last book. That could've made this a lot better for me, but all the other things that I didn't like drowned it out!

This could've been a good book for me, but it wasn't. But I hope that it was for others!

Author: Patricia Elliott
Series: Pimpernelles #2
Read: November 9th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Enjoyed The Pale Assassin, so why not, and it's a YAHFC book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Hodders Children's Books
Published: 2010
3.5/5 Hearts
0/5 Books
1/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!