Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 47 Review: Dark Companion

From Goodreads:
Orphaned at the age of six, Jane Williams has grown up in a series of foster homes, learning to survive in the shadows of life. Through hard work and determination, she manages to win a scholarship to the exclusive Birch Grove Academy. There, for the first time, Jane finds herself accepted by a group of friends. She even starts tutoring the headmistress's gorgeous son, Lucien. Things seem too good to be true.

They are.

The more she learns about Birch Grove's recent past, the more Jane comes to suspect that there is something sinister going on. Why did the wife of a popular teacher kill herself? What happened to the former scholarship student, whose place Jane took? Why does Lucien's brother, Jack, seem to dislike her so much?

As Jane begins to piece together the answers to the puzzle, she must find out why she was brought to Birch Grove—and what she would risk to stay there….

My Review:
So I'm really conflicted on my feelings about this book. I enjoyed it a lot, reading it was really fantastic. But then, it doesn't feel like a book I really should buy, or want to read again. I mean, I might reread it again, but it's not a priority. And I don't know why I feel that way!

I loved the mystery in this book, though, and how this book lives up to it's name, it's dark, and companion is a word that comes up in connection with everything. And yeah, it was just a great mystery, with all these things, and how they're connected, is just the best! (Though there are bad things because of it!)

And then when we get answers, well, yeah, those were different, and kinda similar, at the same time! Because the terms were different, that there were terms, that it was more structured, yeah, all these sorts of things!

I come from a family, so I don't understand why she chose what she chose, to be a companion. Sure, not with the guy that she originally was going to, but with the brother, and yeah, it made for a pretty good ending! But I still don't understand.

This was a pretty great book, and I enjoyed it!

Author: Marta Acosta
Read: November 22nd, 2021
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: July 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
2.5/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!