Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 46 Review: The Crown of Embers

From Goodreads:
Elisa is the hero of her country. She led her people to victory against a terrifying enemy, and now she is their queen. But she is only seventeen years old. Her rivals may have simply retreated, choosing stealth over battle. And no one within her court trusts her-except Hector, the commander of the royal guard, and her companions. As the country begins to crumble beneath her and her enemies emerge from the shadows, Elisa will take another journey. With a one-eyed warrior, a loyal friend, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa crosses the ocean in search of the perilous, uncharted, and mythical source of the Godstone's power. That is not all she finds. 

My Review:
Oh, this book! It was so good! And it went in a totally different direction-in the first book, Elisa learned, and grew, and started some big things. In this book, she took off from those big things, and yeah, things just kept going! I was utterly captivated! And Hector really proved to be something in this book! I loved the developing relationship between them!

I just loved all the scheming in this book! I mean, even though Elisa is the one that pushed back the bad guys with her plans, and her stone, some people don't want her to be the ruler, they want to take power. And finding out who is doing so, that's something to do!

Then there's Storm, who was an ambassador from their enemy, and then because of various things, started a little bit of a cult in the downtrodden of the city, a little underground city within the city. And yeah, he's pretty important in this book!

I loved that discovery, of all those stones there, and the power and all that, and then because Elisa is Elisa, she couldn't let Storm stay there trapped, and so now it's destroyed! She could've used the power to beat the bad guys, but she made the right choice!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was so good, and I can't wait for The Bitter Kingdom, it's going to be so good!

Author: Rae Carson
Series: Fire and Thorns #2
Read: November 12th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved The Girl of Fire and Thorns, and it's a WoW Book, YAHFC Book, and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Published: Greenwillow Books
Published: September 18th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!