Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 46 Review: Burn for Burn

From Goodreads:
BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...
THEY GET EVEN.

Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister.

Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay.

Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him.

Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.

My Review:
This was a fantastic book! I enjoyed it so much, these characters were just the best to read about, and the plotting was really epic, because there were all of these things happening, and while I should've expected the ending, or something similar, I didn't, because I was just so absorbed in this book!

So people get bullied. No matter how much there are programs set up, and how hard people try to fight it, people get bullied. And this book is about the victims getting revenge on their tormentors. The thing that sucks, is that they couldn't go to the adults.

These characters were different, and it was easy to tell them apart, who was narrating. I loved their differences, and their different voices. Their stories as to why they were doing this, and how they did this, were just great to read!

They had a pretty great plan, and it worked pretty well...for a bit. And then things went off the rails, and lead to that ending that oh, that's going to be interesting how all of those situations are going to be resolved, because they are really complicated!

I enjoyed this book so much, really entertaining, and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel!

Authors: Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Series: Burn for Burn #1
Read: November 13th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: September 18th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!