Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 45 Review: For Darkness Shows the Stars

From Goodreads:
It's been several generations since a genetic experiment gone wrong caused the Reduction, decimating humanity and giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.

Elliot North has always known her place in this world. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family's estate over love. Since then the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jump-starting the wheel of progress, and Elliot's estate is foundering, forcing her to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliot wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she let him go.

But Elliot soon discovers her old friend carries a secret—one that could change their society... or bring it to its knees. And again, she's faced with a choice: cling to what she's been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she's ever loved, even if she's lost him forever.

Inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion, For Darkness Shows the Stars is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it.

My Review:
I haven't read Persuasion, I'm most likely not going to, but boy, did it inspire a really terrific book! I enjoyed reading this book so much, it was so fantastic, another wonderful book by Diana Peterfreund! I know I'll enjoy the book when I pick one up by her!

I really wish that I'd read the novella set before this book, of Kai's journey, of how he changed from the boy she didn't choose, to the captain that she still has feelings for! I'm going to read it, but I wish that I'd read it first!

There's history between Elliot and Kai. Most of it was positive, but that ending was not on the best of terms! So that makes things pretty conflicted, and I just loved reading it! There was a lot going on, but the angst was a part of the story!

This world, it was really unfair. And it really made me get angry on behalf of the Posts, because it's not their fault, it was their ancestors, and yeah, things really shouldn't be like that! But this book was a step in the right direction!

Such a great book, and I need to read more Diana Peterfreund books!

Author: Diana Peterfreund
Series: For Darkness Shows the Stars #1
Read: November 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Enjoy her writing, it sounded fantastic, and it's a 2012 Dystopian Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: June 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!