Saturday, November 2, 2013

Week 44 Review: Fates

From Goodreads:
One moment. One foolish desire. One mistake. And Corinthe lost everything.

She fell from her tranquil life in Pyralis Terra and found herself exiled to the human world. Her punishment? To make sure people's fates unfold according to plan. Now, years later, Corinthe has one last assignment: kill Lucas Kaller. His death will be her ticket home.

But for the first time, Corinthe feels a tingle of doubt. It begins as a lump in her throat, then grows toward her heart, and suddenly she feels like she is falling all over again--this time for a boy she knows she can never have. Because it is written: one of them must live, and one of them must die. In a universe where every moment, every second, every fate has already been decided, where does love fit in?

My Review:
Oh, this book! It was so good and captivating! I just wanted to read more! I really hope that the next book is up on NetGalley, and that I get approved for it, otherwise, the wait is going to be super long! Gah, I hate how bad my patience is!

So I just loved this world, of fates, and yeah, that Corinthe would have these tasks to do, because she broke the rules. And while we know that these tasks she's getting are from the bad guy, well, it's a good thing that she doesn't finish with Lucas, that she resists!

I enjoyed all the worlds that she and Lucas visit, not really together, but following one another! They were different and interesting and captivating, and I just wanted to know more about them, in the limited time that we had them, because they jumped around a lot!

That ending! Oh, my heart is still pounding after that! It was over so quickly, I had to take a breath, and just go back and remember what had just happened, because a lot happened in that time! And now I'm worried about Corinthe, and what Luc is going to do to save her!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just fantastic! I can't wait for more!

Author: Lanie Bross
Series: Fates #1
Read: October 30th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Expected Publication: February 11th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!